close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New 03A3 Springfield

Discussion in '1903' started by frank m, Sep 27, 2012.

1. frank m

frank m G&G Newbie

Does anyone know if they make new reproduction 1903 A3 Springfield rifles. About two years ago I was at the range and a gentleman brought a wooden crate out to the range. In it he had what appeared to be a brand-new 1903 A3 Springfield rifle the stock , barrel and the action all looked new. It had a light green military finish on it. The bolt and the action, feed plate all looked new and it had a protective guard on the front sight. One of the elderly gentleman had to show the guy how to take the front sight guard off. He told us it was a reproduction rifle. My question is does anyone know where you could purchase one.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  2. HK770

HK770 G&G Enthusiast

3. Benji64

Benji64 G&G Regular

Hey FrankM, www.JamesRiverArmory.com has 03A3 and 03A4 available as reproduction guns. ($750 - 1200) as well as barreled receivers, and stripped receivers.
    ShotGun News Volume 66 Issue 22 & 23 have an 1903A4 build (from a parade/ high school drill rifle). In the article, he uses a 2 land barrel that he got that was made by Remington late in WWII. He had no issues with accuracy in another build.
    Good luck in your endevors.

4. Capt.Hotpants

Capt.Hotpants G&G Enthusiast

It's pretty hard to fake that green smooth park that the military did on the 1903. My 1903 looks near new but that's because it hit a government re-arsenal. We didn't do them like the Russians. When a part was worn out or damaged it got replaced, it didn't get patched up. My 1907 has a 1944 barrel and stock on it and it looks brand new. So the odds that guy had an original is pretty decent.

5. TheJoker

TheJoker G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

6. frank m

frank m G&G Newbie

If there are anymore places that I can check please inform me where. I already own one 03A3. The rifle I have my dad got for me when I was 12. We went down to the local TG& Y hardware and variety store near Yakima Washington where I grew up. And spent a better part of the afternoon looking at 03A3 rifles I would guess the guy had about 40 or 50 along a wall in a line. This was about 48 years ago. I think we paid about $30 for it it was almost brand-new. I have taken excellent care of her over the years. And I would like to set her aside for hunting only. I am really wanting to get one to use at the range for 100 200 and 300 yard open site target work. The one I have is completely original parts it was never put together from a bunch of guns. It's completely original as it came from the factory. And she is my go to hunting rifle and I dearly love that rifle. I'm just wanting to get one open site target work. I have very fond of 30 – 06 cartridge. I also have my father's model 721 Remington. Which is a very special rifle to me. So anyhow I'm looking for all possible sources I can find to get a a rifle I am also in the middle of applying for a collectors license. I just love the idea of being able to order direct from a dealer on my collectible rifles. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Frank M

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  7. Dark1

Dark1 Suspended

AIM surplus has 1903s that are new manufacture on NOS receivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk DAMB AUTO CORECT !!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted