close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New .22's

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by keppler, Jul 5, 2002.

1. keppler

keppler G&G Newbie

For some reason I been shooting .22's a lot lately. Funny thing is last deer season the best one I had was a pistol so I went squirrel hunting with it one day....got 9.
    Since then I have gotten a Ruger 10-22, a Remington, a C-Z and now a Kimber.
    I have done so much to the Ruger...a new walnut stock from Kimber...had the bolt polished...new trigger springs, so I don't have to squeeze the trigger with vise-grips anymore... a new buffer..it sure is a pretty rifle now.
    The Remington I got for my son who lives with his mom in the same town I do so it stays here till I go with him hunting or shooting.
    The C-Z I really haven't shot much but I think I'm going to like it a lot. For the price I think it will be a company to keep an eye on and maybe try some other rifles.
    As for the Kimber...what excuse do I use when I miss? This is the sweetest shooting little rifle I have ever picked up. Me and my wife like to shoot at thumb tacks at 35 yards and with this rifle I can't blame it on the gun when I miss. Just an unbelievably sweet gun.
    Has anyone else tried the C-Z rifles in other calibers? I was thinking about something a little larger...223 perhaps?

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Let's keep this one open and about .22's. Due to marital constraints, I can't show you my 10/22. But I can assure you that there is OVER six times the cost of the gun in it. I love that gun. I use it for all kinds of things(like shooting that Hornet' nest down, etc.) Post a pic of yours I'll post a pic of mine ASAP...As Soon As Pheasible.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2002

3. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    If someone said I could have only 2 guns, I'd have to consider the .22 as one. They are fun and inexpensive to keep fed.

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

The absolute best for all around utility...

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I have 3 .22's, a S&W 22A with a red dot scope, a Ruger 10/22 stainless with a 4x scope and a Taurus Tracker in satin stainless 6 inch barrel open sights. These guns are quite enjoyable to shoot and like Jerry said inexspensive to plink with. Also have a Ruger mini 14 in .223. It IS a .22 if you want to get technical about it.

6. I'd like to see a revolver manufacturer come out with a pistol in .223.

I think it'd be a heck of a gun.

And, perhaps, a semi auto in a shorter version of the cartridge, also.

7. jerry

USA
    A .21 Genghis may do at 5.45 x 39mm a bit shorter than the 223, but takes no back seat to it I hear.

"due to marital constraints" I like that Eric. Can I have permission to use that sometime :)

8. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

A .21 Genghis? :confused:

9. jerry

USA
    Alexander Arm's designation for the 5.45 x 39mm AK-74 round recently tested in an AR type weapon.
    .21 Genghis.

foregot to mention; the .50 Beowulf tested as well think of a shorter, fatter, rimless .45-70 +P. I believe only for Gov, Mil, & Police at this time on the .50 also in an AR type weapon.

To quote from the Blue Press. "Why do you need a rifle like this? I dunno. Why do you need anything that makes you happy?"

Last edited: Jul 6, 2002