Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today I got an e-mail from King's Firearms advertising LEO trade in guns for sale. and lo and behold they finally got some .45 acp. S&W M&P pistols in at a great price! I have been looking for a full size .45 acp M&P to shoot my .45 Super loads out of so I bought one. 馃榿 all it takes to convert one is a heavier recoil spring, so I ordered a 24# spring & guide rod from Wolff. I can't wait until they get here and I can get back to my "super" project.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally got the M&P. 馃榿 馃榿 it actually came about a week or so ago but with hurricane clean up and putting out crab traps I haven't had much time to check it out and shoot it. to me, having a new gun that I haven't shot is like having a new girlfriend that I haven't bedded! pure torture! 锟:rolleyes:
the pistol looks new. there is no holster wear, and the internals look seldom fired. there is very little wear on the blued slide rails and other parts. on the sides of the slide, Mass. State Police is printed in white letters and Infront of the rear sight on top of the slide is their seal is engraved. the 3 magazines that came with it showed plenty of use though. no big deal. I took it out and shot it today. first, I shot some factory .45 acp hollow points, then some ancient PMC hardball then some of my .45 acp reloads (XTP) and some of my 200 gr LSWC reloads. it ate everything without a hiccup. and shot point of aim. actually, it shot so good that I might switch it to my EDC! when I went to change the recoil spring so I could shoot my .45 super loads, I realized that in my excitement, I only grabbed the new full length guide rod and not the heavy recoil spring too. 锟:oops: so I didn't test it with the super loads. the winds supposed to blow in a couple days so maybe I'll
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

get a chance to shoot it with the super loads the
Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel

n.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sorta screwed up, I found out nobody makes extra power recoil springs for the 4" barrel M&P that is not the newer 2.0 model. Wolff makes them for the full size M&P (4.5" bbl.) and I bought one thinking mine was a full size pistol. its not. they call mine a compact. I'm debating whether to cut the full length guide rod and spring down to fit but, in the meantime, I am only shooting the "mid power" .45 Super loads that I loaded for my Colt Officer 1911 out of it. the M&P handles them fine. they shoot accurately and hit HARD! until I properly spring it, I won't feed it a steady diet of Supers and do most of my practice shooting with acp loads. thats one of the beauties of the .45 Super conversion, you can still shoot the mild & cheap .45 acp out of them. the .45 Super is a big step up from the .45 acp! even the "mid power" loads are equal to the 10mm in fps. & energy.

Registered
I sorta screwed up, I found out nobody makes extra power recoil springs for the 4" barrel M&P that is not the newer 2.0 model. Wolff makes them for the full size M&P (4.5" bbl.) and I bought one thinking mine was a full size pistol. its not. they call mine a compact. I'm debating whether to cut the full length guide rod and spring down to fit but, in the meantime, I am only shooting the "mid power" .45 Super loads that I loaded for my Colt Officer 1911 out of it. the M&P handles them fine. they shoot accurately and hit HARD! until I properly spring it, I won't feed it a steady diet of Supers and do most of my practice shooting with acp loads. thats one of the beauties of the .45 Super conversion, you can still shoot the mild & cheap .45 acp out of them. the .45 Super is a big step up from the .45 acp! even the "mid power" loads are equal to the 10mm in fps. & energy.
I have a 45 super Springfield longslide and really enjoy it.
Have taken seven whitetails with it.
It is very accurate and is a joy to shoot.enjoy your new project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts