Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,741 Posts
They keep doing a few things to extend the life of that bird while the rumors swirl around about its demise. My money says that some powerful and influential people know that we really do not have a comparable weapons system to replace it with.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
19,713 Posts
Hole - E- cow

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Hill-Afb_UT

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game
Lotsa folks bleeding in from the PR states. Just like here.

When you're selling a leveraged 2 million dollar house in Socal, 600 grand for something much nicer and larger looks cheap.

Awesome airplane ! It'll be going for quite awhile. Nothing does CAS like someone in a great machine who knows what he's doing.

And can read a real map.

·
Registered
15,251 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,741 Posts
When you're selling a leveraged 2 million dollar house in Socal, 600 grand for something much nicer and larger looks cheap.
Lots of those people bailing out of southern California with a fist full of dollars are paying cash for homes here that are far nicer than what they left and are 1/3 or 1/4 of the price.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
19,713 Posts
jerry-

If you get out there before Christmas and you happen to have an extra A-10? Well, just sayin’, it being Christmas and all.

I’ll pay for shipping.
I'll bring 'er over.

But ya might wanna give it some thought.

It goes through LOTS of big, expensive ammo. Quickly.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll bring 'er over.

But ya might wanna give it some thought.

It goes through LOTS of big, expensive ammo. Quickly.
Ha ha yep Jaison, you would need a stick actuator. I can run engines, keep your gens on line, make you cool and comfy, and ask knuckle draggers to change light bulbs before interrupting my coffee break.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Ha ha yep Jaison, you would need a stick actuator. I can run engines, keep your gens on line, make you cool and comfy, and ask knuckle draggers to change light bulbs before interrupting my coffee break.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app
Once JJ runs me through a tutorial, I’ll bring her by Illinois (or Arizona;)) for an oil change and tire rotation this Spring.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
You’re on! I’ll spring for bbq if you run me through the controls a time or two, JJ. Ha!....
I have 2 hours time in the A-10 Simulator, and I live closer! LOL!!!!

AND, I'm an NRA Certified reloading instructor, too!

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Bro. Contracts can be cancelled. Make cautious decisions these days. ......
Wise Words!!

NEVER trust a gubmint contract announcement, until it happens.

With the Presidential Election still undetermined, and the economy teetering on the edge of the abyss, I am concerned that folks next year might be looking back at 2020 with a longing fondness. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Wonderment :)
32,587 Posts
jerry: Sir; politician involvement. Particularly “Mitt”

quote:
The new maintenance contract with Northrop Grumman runs through November 2030. Built by Fairchild Republic Co. prior to its acquisition by Northrop, the A-10 aircraft is designed to help the Air Force perform airborne forward air control and close air support operations.

The Air Force has tried to retire the plane multiple times in the past decade, but Congress has repeatedly blocked those attempts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts