close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New addition to the family

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oddbawl, Aug 20, 2002.

1. I know it's a Garand site but, I couldn't help it. Her ser# is 50xx and the barrels good-very good. The stock's a little rough but I can live with it. I've been giggling like a little girl all day! I hope the pic turned out.

Attached Files:

• j41a.jpg
      j41a.jpg
      File size:
      26.8 KB
      Views:
  2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i hate proud new papas!!!!! son, ya'll have a nice family there enjoy it all you can!!!!

3. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Welcome to the Johnson club. There aren't many of us with one and its always fun letting folks see and play with our Johson hehehehhe. It is a show stopper when you pull it out,, at the range that is. Congrat's. Rick B

4. SORRY?????

NOW YOU HAVE ONE YOU CAN FEEL SORRY FOR ALL THOES WHO HAVE NOT TAKEN THE PLUNGE!!!!!!

DANA

5. Well, I just took her out to the range, lots of fun to shoot, but the accuracy sucks right now- there are a few rattles I have to tighten up, so the jury's still out. 8" at 100yd is a little too wild when I usually get under 4" with my M1, so we'll see. A real head turner though!

6. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Feels weird when it fires doesn't it? You hear bang and then this strange pushing effect. Mine has a hari trigger what about your's and if you get you're finger in the rear tang and stock area it pinches. The boink is like a large piston BB gun but stronger. And it clanks lightly. Make sure the rear tang is tight and you can't move the sight from side to side at rear? also the lugs on teh barrel can be chromed to fit tighter int eh air cooling area of the reciever. Hows the muzzle on it? Rick B.

7. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    All I have to say is CONGRATULATIONS! very nice.

8. the muzzle's surprisingly good, and I did pinch my hand. The stock's pretty rough, it has a repair in that area and though I haven't looked close enough yet it may have cracked the repair. I'm looking into new wood for shooting so I don't destroy the original, plus it'll look better. I find the trigger pretty good, it's not as snappy as on my m1 but not too mushy. Actually my m1 trigger's messed up right now- it cycles but often the hammer isn't cocked with a round up the pipe-really frustrating.
    Anyway, I'm off to my rig for a week... no rest for the wicked.

9. How did you get the rifle? Was it difficult?

10. Gus L.

Gus L. G&G Newbie

Oddbawl, did you buy that from Sid?
    He has one more he wants to sell if anyone is looking for a 41 Johnson.
    Welcome to the Johnson club, I got a few of 'em.
    [​IMG]

11. Gus L.

Gus L. G&G Newbie

ltcboy, did you grt the information I sent by PM?
    Let me know, I might have another lead for you to follow up on.

12. Yes I did and I contacted him. He was very nice on the phone and I have to call him back.

13. Hey guys,
    I'm back- stupid work is cutting into my shooting time! I got the Johnson from a guy in Montreal, I don't know what kind of hoops you'd have to jump through to get one across the border. I have a "poll" question for you guys: the receiver is pretty well down to bare metal as well as the "radiator". Should I get it reparked? I'm kinda torn on the issue.

14. Gus L.

Gus L. G&G Newbie

15. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I hear it both ways and with a Johnson being so rare they say it cant hurt. Now if it was a very rare early one I woundn't touch it. Honestly it is up to you. Rick B

16. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Nice piece. I'm just now getting in to more vintage firearms. My Lee Enfield started it all for me. I'm spending time at gun show looking at those kinds of guns.....

17. JOHNSON

A JOHNSON DOES NOT HAVE A DEEP FINISH AND MAY LOOK VERY THIN.

DANA

18. Gus L.

Gus L. G&G Newbie

ltcboy, did you find a Johnson rifle yet?
    If not try to find one soon, the prices are going Up Up Up.
    I was lucky and found another Johnson in Florida last week for a very good price.
    keep looking my friend...Gus.L.

[​IMG]

19. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

Thats where I found mine for $500.00 last year. I was sent to them for a stock,, called and ended up paying for the whole rifle. Heck the real stock is worth almost that.
    Last week I was looking for a 1917 U.S. Enfield bayonet and got a Remington bayonet and the Winchester rifle attached for $250.00 with a Winny stock also. The deals are out there just wait dont rush. I own a Remington and Winchester now need a Eddystone. Thats the only bad thing about deals! I wanted one but now I own two of the three manufactures so it is only right I get all 3,, isn't it????????????? Rick B

Last edited: Sep 21, 2002
  20. Gus L.

Gus L. G&G Newbie

ltcboy, did you find a Johnson rifle yet?

If not try to find one soon, the prices are going Up Up Up.
    Pm Me If you cant find a contact...Good luck,..Gus L.