close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New AR 15

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BSchroeder, Mar 24, 2002.

1. BSchroeder

BSchroeder G&G Newbie

I'm looking to purchase a new AR 15, and am just gettin into investigating my options. I want a no-frills, high quality AR 15 at a reasonable price. Who builds an AR like this, and what can I expect to pay?

thanks,

Ben

2. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    You probably can get a new Bushmaster for $800-900 and a new Colt for $900-$1000.-Prices are estimated, I am no gun dealer. Just figure out what you want first, 16, 20, or 24 inch upper, muzzle break, accessories in the future and so on. H-BAR(heavy barrel) or not, type 1,2, or 3 upper - if you even can get an type 1 new anymore. Type 1 was the original-only elevation is adjustable, Type 2 elevation and windage, Type 3 is a flat-top. This is the way I most often hear people describing uppers, even though if you get technical it might be off alittle. Hopefully this helps and didn't get off the subject too far..
    -Tim

3. SteveO

SteveO G&G Newbie

Go to www.bushmaster.com. They have a huge variety of AR type rifles to choose from. High quality and middle of the road prices. Or check out www.gunbroker.com. There are hundreds of used AR's for sale. You can get a good idea of the going prices for the different brands and models by scrolling thier adds and checking out the pictures. Good luck.

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

DPMS and Olympic are both decent brands, and have much lower prices. I've seen Olympic plinkers for $600, a DPMS bull barrel flattop for $620. If only I hadn't already blown my gun budget through the roof...

5. Speaking of Bushmaster

I just received my new Bushmaster catalog in the mail. Just like their website they don't list their prices. I'm looking at getting either a M4A2 carbine or the match target model. My question is what is a realistic retail price on these rifles? Also does anybody know the wholesale price on these things?

Thanks very much in advance:)

6. nspark56

nspark56 G&G Newbie

If you are looking for a Bushy M4A2, don't expect a discount. You will be lucky to find one at all. At the present time, they are backordered. Lots of dealers advertise them at great prices, but when you call, they don't have them.
    Good luck
    John

7. Thanks for the info on the carbine. How about the availability on the match rifle? Also in ideas on prices?:D

8. m14nut

m14nut G&G Newbie

NJ
    Dallas, found my M4 bushy on GunsAmerica. Only paid $760.00
    this was less than a month ago.:D

9. nspark56

nspark56 G&G Newbie

$760.00 is a real good price for an M4. Just make sure that it is all Bushmaster. I have seen lots or AR's and a few M4's that were parts gun..Anybody with a bunch of parts and a tool box can "make" an M4. Buyer beware.
    Good luck
    John

10. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I highly reccomend the M4 Bushmaster. I got mine before the 2000 elections for around $690.00. I really like it as well as my Carbon 15/97... they both are as light as a tactical rifle can get.

Jesse

11. Paul I

Paul I G&G Newbie

I payed 840 for the bushmaster shorty with the AK brake in de.
    @2/30

12. www.southernohiogun.com has the m4 post ban carbine w/14.5 barrel,10 rnd mag,fixed tele-style stock,all in a hard case for $759.95.I just received a different rifle and it only took two weeks.:D