Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need help. I am about to purchase my first AR. I am going to carry this gun on duty with me. I was looking at the M4 models. I need to know your opinions on these guns. I know that Bushmaster has been around longer and has a better rep, but that aside I need to know what the difference is if there is any beside the barrel. I dont want any opinions on RRA or Olympic Arms. I just want to know about DPMS and Bushmaster.

Anything will help

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I have a DPMS AR-15 with the lightwieght barrel and a lot of extras. I know that it is a great rifle that has never once let me down. I have to say though that Bushmaster is probably a better rifle. I would have gotten a Bushmaster, but with all the extras that my DPMS has, it is right up there with any Bushy. How much do yave to spend?

If you have 1000 or more get a Bushy, if not, DPMS is the way to go.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
492 Posts
Bushmaster will cost more, but the difference in quality is worth it. Right off the bat, Bushmaster will be more reliable. I figure you're spending $900 anyway (The MSRP is never the REAL price in retail/gunshops unless your buying from overpriced dealers.), I would take a USED Bushmaster over a new DPMS anyday. My dad's got a colt HBAR upper and a Bushmaster lower, and it's never failed him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts