close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New baby in the family

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dale, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Well, I took that fateful trip to Prescott Valley Guns again (they have never done me wrong) today, and as always, I walked out with a new baby.......an unissued Yugo M48A 8MM.

He was a little short on normal weight, being about 7.5 pounds but he measured in at 43 inches.

Gawd, is he handsome even if it took me two hours to get the casmo off of him.

The bluing is flawless...the bore like a mirror......action so tight........stock dingless and unscratched......and even has his own cleaning rod and ALL matching numbers. LOL It's just one GREAT looking gun.

I hope he shoots as well as he looks.

I'll post a few pics to let y'all share my excitement and joy.

If anyone, by looking, can tell me the kind of wood I would appreciate it.

On the left hand side of the receiver is a series of Goulash letters followed by 44. Can the 44 be the year it was made? Anyone know?

Also, does anyone know if the bolt comes apart like the Swedish Mauser? It looks very, very similar in action, shape, etc.

Hey everyone...here's a cigar!

Well, here's the first pic.

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

3. This is it guys, thanks for your patience.

Attached Files:

4. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Well look at that. Feed him well, and tuck him in at night. You have to make sure they feel loved at such a young age....

5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

that is one neat picture of the bore:cool: need shades. good buy!!!

6. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Congragulations!!!!! weres the cigars??????

7. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Glad that the mother and new baby are doing well.

That's got to be an exciting day when your newest baby was born. And those were very good pictures I might add.

The wood sort of looks like walnut but who knows? The stock even has ribbon grain similar to mahogany. However, it's probably from some European tree that we've never heard of.

Try posting on G&G.Com.(ha) Someone here will probably know the answer.

Oh I forgot...thanks for the cigar and congratulations.

Oxford:D :nod:

P.S.: Will the new baby be 1/32nd indian or a little less? (ha)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2002
  8. wes

wes G&G Newbie

That is a very nice looking rifle,Dale.

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Preduzce 44 is the code for the plant.

10. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Here are mine.

Attached Files:

11. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 G&G Newbie

Very nice looking gun man.

12. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Spelling Test #1---100%

MarkII 22: Congratulations! You got 100% on your spelling test for your last post.

Keep working on the correct spelling of words like cat, dog, spot, etc., though. You've got a ways to go.

Oxford:nod: :D

13. Hey Dale, very nice looking rifles!, how stiff is the action on it, when my friend got his M48 about 2 years ago, the action was incredibly stiff, it's just noe gotten as smooth as my German 98k, some 2000 rounds later.
    -Jesse

14. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Dale, Klaus..whats the diffrence between the Yugo M48A and the Turkins Mausers?? The Turk I got ended up with a bad headspace problem...has me gunshy about other C&R Mausers....but still like the 8mm ammo prices.......so Im looking at getting a diffent type.
    Thanks

15. doglips, the M48's are usually unissued or excellent, unlike may of the turk mausers on the market, they are pretty much garuanteed to head space correct, and they very accurate rifles.
    along with the cheap turk ammo, the M48's are the best bargain on the market IMO.

-Jesse

16. Your baby's stock is most likely going to be Teak. I have a baby that looks very similar that came with some other goodies for her to play with (Bayo, ammo pouches, etc.) The one I have is very accurate and a joy to shoot, Enjoy.

17. Thanks Stewart for the info.

Glad you like yours. I'm dieing to shoot mine.

I've recently gotten this fever for 'older' military rifles......God only knows where where my addiction is going to peak.

I sure would like to find a good quality sling for mine.

Once again, thanks.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2002
  18. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie