Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been kind of a soap-opera getting it but I finally have a new custom rifle. It's a 7x57 built on a GEW 98 action with a very nicely figured stock. My original intent was to get a 30-06 but life and COVID conspired against that and this now makes three 7x57s in my stable. One is a Hogue stocked VZ24 that I can knock around and it shoots great. Two is a small ring Mauser in military order that I'll focus some attention on later. Three is this new addition.

I have to thank Mooseman for his assistance in navigating a bad situation and allowing me to acquire this firearm.

New GEW 98 7x57

Wood Beige Flooring Linens Pattern

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Wood stain

Hogue stocked VZ24

Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry Fashion accessory

Small Ring Mauser
Musical instrument String instrument Wood Plucked string instruments String instrument

·
Premium Member
10,237 Posts
I like how they Jeweled the Bolt body also. The LR VZ24 actions are nice. I actually still have three receivers /Bolts complete to do a few builds myself. Nothing the matter with the 7x57 at all. I have wanted to built a 7mm08 one day maybe

·
God, Guns, Glory
36,334 Posts
Bob,
Glad to hear/see.
That she made the journey back home to you.
Still praying for you guys.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That new custom mauser is a beauty! I'm all about beautiful rifles and that one ticks all the boxes. I think 7x57 is a pleasure to shoot with great ballistics and manageable recoil. 30.06 is a bit much for my tired old shoulder. 20 rounds over half an hour at the range with plenty of barrel cool down time (at least that's what I tell my son, it's actually shoulder recovery time!) and I'm done with the 30.06.

Enjoy that beautiful rifle!

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I would love a 7x57 on a mauser action with a 22" barrel and a nice walnut stock.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
That rifle reminds me of the work that Mr. Steve Bowers did I do miss calling that man for gun advice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts