close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New edc blade upgrade

Discussion in 'Survival Gear' started by gsbuickman, Mar 16, 2018.

1. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Hiya guys :) ,

I'm a big fan of Gerber blades & I've carried them for a long time. I generally carried 3 Ferber's whenever I left the house, a Profile sheath blade on my belt and a Kiowa in one pocket & a mini Paraframe in another. Well, idk how it happened but my Kiowa disappeared , so I've been carrying a Klein Tools pocket knife that I had in the electrical drawer of my rollaway until I could replace it.

Well, I finally ordered a new Kiowa online a few days ago and while I was at it I decided to upgrade that little mini paraframe as well and I decided to replace it with a Guardian K3. It's still small but larger and a little more substantial than that little paraframe and will fill the role nicely :) ...

20180316_154007.jpg 20180316_153944.jpg 20180316_153915.jpg 20180316_153859.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Thanks for sharing GS. Naturally I like the tanto ya got pictured. Mentioned the Gerber Prodigy Tanto fixed blade I bought last year. Pretty sturdy with full tang and only around $50. Enjoy seeing new models. Right now am liking the Cold Steel Recon 1 folder someone pictured here recently.

Wicked109 and gsbuickman like this.

3. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    I'm kinda partial to the X-wing fighter!

gsbuickman likes this.
  4. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    Kitty is pretty cute too!

gsbuickman likes this.
  5. gsbuickman

Ha ha, actually that's the coffee table setting in the living room with a Millennium Falcon, a white TIE fighter, an X-Wing Fighter, My lightsaber and a few other Star Wars goodies setting on it.

BTW, no she's not, she's a spoiled little brat. My girlfriend likes to give her some canned Kibbles mixed up in her crunchy Kibbles everyday & has her rotten :p ...

6. gsbuickman

Wahoo, won an auction on fleabay yesterday for a lot of blades, 3 Ferber's, a Kershaw & a CRKT for $34 + $7 shipping :) ...

s-l400 (2).jpg s-l400 (5).jpg s-l400.jpg

neophyte, Coach, ncnascarlady and 2 others like this.
  7. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

8. gsbuickman

Ha ha, something like that anyway :). I got a really good deal on the lot of them but I'll probably keep two of them, well maybe three of them and sell a couple to get back part of what they initially cost me . I figure if I play my cards right I might just break even and get a couple free blades out of the deal ...

9. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Nice score gs. You should do well!

neophyte and gsbuickman like this.
  10. gsbuickman

Hiya Guys :) ...

My mailman stop by this afternoon and dropped off the five knives that I won in the eBay lot a few days ago. There are two Gerber's , I'm not sure what the bigger one is but it's real similar to Mike Iowa and the smaller one is a mini Swagger . The Gerber's are made here in the US so I'm definitely keeping them . Unfortunately the other three are all made in China and I'll probably keep one and sell the other 2. They include aan AO Kershaw 1338WM , a CRKT Drifter & another small Kershaw. You can definitely tell which of these knives were made in the US and which were made in China just by the way they feel. The Gerber's are beefier more substantial and have better blades made from high carbon steel. The other blades are lightweight, not made as well and have the cheap stainless made in China label blades. I'll probably keep the smaller of the two Kershaw at the bottom of the first pick and let the other Kershaw and the CRKT go.

20180321_174751.jpg 20180321_174932.jpg 20180321_174959.jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  11. gsbuickman

Well, I just sold the CRKT & the AO Kershaw for $25 so I didn't break even, but that's ok , on the flip side of that coin I picked up the other three blades for $16 in the end :) ...

Cyrano, neophyte and animalspooker like this.
  12. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    Dang. Next time you'll have to bid a little higher....I'm on it!

gsbuickman and neophyte like this.
  13. animalspooker

SEMO
    Hey GS? Are those NTSA take-aways?

gsbuickman and neophyte like this.
  14. gsbuickman

Huh?

15. animalspooker

SEMO
    National Transportation and Safety. The ones the airport steal from everyone trying to get on a plane!

Cyrano likes this.