Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just ordered this new pack, Ive been carrying my current one for about a year now and its time for a change. Nothing wrong with the one I have, I just want to give something different a shot and try out a different set up. the bag im carrying daily now is a Vertx EDC ready pack. 20 lL, very well designed and built, expensive at about $150 bucks. but I can tell its going to last a long time and if im doing something where i need a pack that I know is durable, it's what i'd take. That, or my Maxpedition pack which is bomb proof.

I have a few other packs from 3v gear, a small hydration pack, similar to the classic camel back, and a large 3 day pack, the Paratus. Both are well made, the small one is a bit too small other than for specific uses. the Paratus, on the other hand is too large for every day use but is perfect as a "Get Home/ Bug Out Bag. It stays in my truck loaded with enough stuff to get me home from wherever I am.

This new one is about the same size as the vertx pack, but very differently laid out. I love that it is a clamshell design. great for packing and getting stuff out without having to pull out everything on top of that item. I like the way the large front pocket is organized, and the bag itself is overall very discreet. there is molle on the sides which is nice as it doesn't have water bottle holders on the outside. I have ordered an attachable one for the side, as well as a molle eyeglasses case for the other side. These items can go inside the pack if its not full of other stuff. I'll have to trim down my edc load out, which is ok, there is a good bit of stuff i dont use often and its a bit early but this will make a good summer pack as i wont carry as much cold weather related items.

https://3vgear.com/3vgear-subrosa-urban-assault-pack/

stay tuned for updates.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
MosinRuger sir, Have you considered adding a piece of soft body armor to your EDC pack yet? There are several companies out there making them just for packs and are usually about 11" x 14" and about 3/4" thick. I just picked up one that is class IIIA rated (Up to 44 Mag) and only adds about a pound of weight.
I gave my son one for Christmas, and will be getting one for my youngest daughter before she goes to college.
In my opinion, this is something that a lot of people overlook and should be adding to their EDC packs.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MosinRuger sir, Have you considered adding a piece of soft body armor to your EDC pack yet? There are several companies out there making them just for packs and are usually about 11" x 14" and about 3/4" thick. I just picked up one that is class IIIA rated (Up to 44 Mag) and only adds about a pound of weight.
I gave my son one for Christmas, and will be getting one for my youngest daughter before she goes to college.
In my opinion, this is something that a lot of people overlook and should be adding to their EDC packs.

I've considered it, at this point I havent "pulled the trigger" on one mostly due to cost.. i know.. could save my life.. but they run a hundred bucks or more right?

its on my list of things i want

Now if i were or if i had a student at a school they would definitely have one.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

·
Registered
5,757 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I knew my kids wouldn’t use it because it was too much weight in their packs with hard armor. My thought was at least they will use the soft armor since it’s so light.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That pack is about as plain as you can get. I like it!

I keep adding to my pack. I'm either going to have to start working out or buy a bigger vehicle?

Im constantly having to cull and revise my edc pack of stuff to keep the weight and bulk down. gotta have room for my lunch too!

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry i haven't updated just been busy. I have been edc'ing the pack for about 2 weeks now. i like it overall. im used to having the water bottle on the outside, where as with this one it goes on the inside so that takes up some space. I can always move it to the outside if needed. but i like the small/ low profile style. its just big enough but not too big. i didnt think id like the black color as much as i do. all the straps on the sides and bottom are useful for cliping or strapping on items that i need quick access to or wont fit inside. I repurposed some shock cord and weaved it through the molle webbing on one side of the pack. this allows me to pull it out in certain spots and strap on something like a jacket or anything long and skinny really.

now for the bad news. upon close inspection, the shoulder straps arent cut the same. one is about an inch shorter than the other, and the anchor points and molle strap stitching arent in the same places on the straps. I was ok with that given the price, they still work well and feel pretty comfy. I really like the molded back surface, it really spreads out weight and prevents stuff from poking you in the back. tonight i noticed that the little strip of molle strap that goes around the sides and bottom of the front pocket has started to come lose at the points where its stitched to the pack. in about 5 places that i can tell.

They have a lifetime warranty that cover defects, so i filed a claim with that about an hour ago. we will see what they offer as a remedy. I'm ok with getting a new pack and sending this one back, or a refund.

I think in the mean time Im going to go back to my trusty old maxpedition pygmy falcon II, its been on the shelf for a while.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well, just got home and checked my email:

"I'm sorry about your pack. With our new warranty process we ask that you ship the defected bag back to us so we can either repair it or replace it.

For returning your package, make sure to write your RMA # on the outside of the box.

Which will be: RMA#: 39506

We ask that you pay for shipping costs to send it back to us. Please make sure you send us a tracking number for the return so that we can put a replacement on hold if we need to. We will pay the shipping to have your replacement sent out to you. Our address is:

3V Gear Returns

S Old Bingham Hwy

West Jordan, UT 84088

Once the bag is received here at our warehouse, I will update you with the resolution the same day. Whether it be a replacement or a repair, we will send you tracking information as well as a copy of the sales order for you to keep in case you need to use it in the future as reference to this conversation.

Thank you,

3V Gear Customer Support

(844) 234-7789"

So, i gotta say im not very satisfied. keep in mind i sent them the exacgt same pics, as they requested, that I posted here, you can clearly tell that the straps are far from identical, there is no way that has anything to do with how I treated the pack and is clearly and completely a manufacturing defect. they ask that I send it back to see if they can repair it.. ha! it probably would cost more to repair it than it cost to make it. So, perhaps they didnt look at the pics, that shows they dont really care, or, maybe they did and then they really dont care! were i to see that MY company had delivered THAT product, I would be sending a new product to you free of charge with no shipping charges either. I might ask that you return, with a pre paid label the defective product so that I could take it up with my supplier.

IDK if im even going to send it back. cost and effort might be more than its worth. keep in mind I only paid about $30 for this on sale, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised about it the lack of quality or customer service. I didn't have super high expectations, but i expected the straps to at least closely match..

It's a shame, I really want to like and recommend this company as a cost effective alt to the pricier brands, but, i dont think that is possible going forward.

I'll respond to their email and see if they will cover shipping given the fact this completely their fault.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
idk maybe ill go through with the return just to see how it works out.. I WANT to like this pack!

more so I dont want to have to try to find another similar one...which will most likely cost more.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
If you change your mind and want something different, give the Fox Outdoors tactical duty pack a look. I liked it well enough to pick one up in coyote, and have been very happy so far.
7232AFD6-A8F9-49BB-A860-965A49161256.png

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
One word Camelbak.

Hunt around and you can find deals on used ones that have plenty of life in them.

Will probably be tough to wear one out unless you're active duty/deployed.

I wish I had never sold the Sage Green BFM I used to have. But I do still have 3 as in the "Rule of Three".

BTW I've never bought one new or full retail.

Another decent ones are the older S.O.C Bug Out Bags as they are not all MOLLE'd out. Big draw back is they are brick heavy even when empty.
I lucked out finding one at a local pawn shop for about 1/4 the cost of a new one. And a few years later found it's messenger/laptop bag mate at Goodwill for $5.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright, so yesterday I replied to their email and simply asked that since this was clearly due to mfg and not abuse that they provide me with a shipping label. Well, today I got an email back with a shipping label. so, im going to send it back and see what they send me in return.

"Hello William,

I understand your frustration, since you did purchase this bag within 30 days we can send you a return label, as soon as you ship the bag out just send me the tracking number and then we can send you a new bag.

Outside the 30 days our lifetime warranty does require the customer to pay for shipping to return the bag however we cover to ship it back.

See attached return label, just let me know the tracking number as soon as you ship it.

Thank you,

3V Gear Customer Support

(844) 234-7789

So.. the saga continues!

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, I finally got it in the mail to them yesterday. forwarded them the shipping confirmation last night. this morning they replied and stated a new bag was being sent out to me today.

So, things seem to have turned around customer service wise. Lets just hope this new pack is a bit better than the last!

·
Premium Member
6,182 Posts
I like a small pack that has room for a 1911 and 100 rounds of ammo. The Rattle Snake Assault gear has served me well. It sets on the Jeep floor or slung on a pack saddle. There is a deal on them at Ammodepot.

9mm-rtabp-tan-pmc500_1.jpg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts