close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Format

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by PAPA G, Mar 15, 2002.

1. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

GREAT JOB ALL YOU PEOPLE I LIKE THE NEW FORMAT EASIER ON THE EYES.:D

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Glad you like it PapaG....

Hope to impress you more within the coming weeks

3. Jim Angelica

Jim Angelica G&G Newbie

Suggestions

Will you altimately simplify the process? It would seem that potential new responders will have to go through a lot of steps just to find out what the sight is all about.

Most of the guy's that visit here also visit elsewhere. You have gone to too much good work to see your participants melt away because the site is more difficult to use than another.

What ever you can do to simplify or shortcut will probably prove to be beneficial.

This is really very impressive- great job!!!

Jim

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

The whole purpose behind this software, is ease of use, and yes it could be a bit cofusing at first, but t registration tends to keep people that are just looking for trouble and the real people out

Last edited: Mar 15, 2002
  5. This format is like the one at THE FN FILES, that I go too. I much rather prefer the old format ,as it was easier to go through and doing so was much faster. But thats progress I suppose.
    Well maybe I'll get the hang of this one faster than I have the rest of the boards like this .
    Keep up the good work, DUCTTAPE.:confused:

6. giguy

giguy G&G Newbie

weeeeelllllllll doggies! now this is going to take some time to get used to

7. KEEP IT SIMPLE

I GUESS, THE MORE THINGS CHANGE THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME. WHO THE HECK EVER SAID THAT MUST HAVE REALLY CHANGED THINGS UP. ADMIN ILL VIST THE SIGHT. HOPE THE OTHERS GUYS STAY WITH IT TOO. HOPE THE FORMAT AND REGISTRATION DONT SCARE OFF NEWBIES. YALL KEEP TRACK OF THE "HITS". ITS BEAN COUNTIN TIME THEN. :confused:

8. Interesting new look, it may take a little getting used to but I hope it catches on and all of the users from the old format jump onboard here. What will happen to all of the archive discussions from the old forum? This also goes for any posts that may have been made as early as this morning, will you still be able to pull these up?:confused:

9. I assume that there is no was to fold posts from the old forum into this. There were some interesting threads going on.

10. Skidrow

Skidrow G&G Newbie

Don't care for the new format at all. The old format was the reason I came to this forum. This is more like a bunch of random posts than a conversation about a topic.

11. Kne

Kne G&G Newbie

Old Forum was better.

"Why keep it simple when it's so easy to make it complicated?"

There is a Culver's Shooting Page (CSP) that has a forum very simular to the former Gun and Game forum. Hope to see you all there.

kne

12. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Sorry...

Sorry you feel that way Kne. My hats off to any website manager that uses Perl script software. This many forums would crash any site in that script, or kill somebody with constant upkeep and archiving. We didn't change the software to upset anyone... just to keep it running so everybody can enjoy it.

Jesse

13. Gyrene

Gyrene G&G Newbie

CA
    Jesse - WOW! The old format was a lot easier to deal with on the part of the user.

I always looked forward to going through all of my favorite forums, at least once each day, but it is really time consuming now. I know I should update my computer with a faster motherboard and CPU, and that may happen some time soon, but for now, it creates a serious time problem.

I'll stay on board as long as I don't have time problems. I think you probably lost a lot of people in making the change, because it is not easy to find the site, now, the first time.

14. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Well, I got here
    Lots of stuff to do first before anyone can come in.
    Kinda slows everything down
    I hope this works

15. TAB

TAB G&G Newbie

WebMaster,

New things take getting used to, I'll hang with you to see how my learning curve goes. I did appreciate the simplicity and thread organization on the old board, I could quickly scan all the posts to see which ones might apply to me. Also, I could hit each board on my list from the home page - no scrolling required. I'm not sure yet what all the buttons might do for me, and have not taken time to experiment with each. They do clutter the screen. Happy faces and the canned quotes are irritating in the extreme.

Learning and change are painful.

TAB

16. Uncle Red

Uncle Red G&G Newbie

I think that I saw somewhere that you can disable the faces and quotes. I think it was in options -UR.

17. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

The homepage will be up shortly... It will have the main section forums on links as I mentioned in the previous posts...

Jesse

18. Times change, The old format was easy to use, but in time everyone here will be confortable with this format. I have played around with some of the options like the instant messages and they seem cool. Jesse has said that going back to the old format, "IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN"! so complaining about it is usless.
    I look foward to seeing the new Home page.

19. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i don't know if i'm doin this right or what it will just have to get some getting used to

20. SteveO

SteveO G&G Newbie

Agree with Kne, the old forum was so much easier and better. I went to gun and game, clicked on AR15 or AK47 forum and scrolled down. The new messages were marked with red letters, the ones you already read were different colors, and that was it. This was the only sight that I would log on almost everyday and check it, click on a few topics, post a response or two and that was it. Fun, informational, easy and relaxing. I guess I'll give this new format a try, but if I get pissed quickly I will probably not be back. We are just a bunch of dudes who like to read about guns, keep it simple stupid!