close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New gas cylinder

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rod, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Rod

Rod G&G Newbie

Slapped a new gas cylinder on my CAI today. Got tired of looking at the original that was in the white. Took her out for a test run and she purrs like a kitten. Now if my Boyd's stock will ever get here! I've got all the metal parts waiting on it, and will have two stock sets when done. I ordered my Boyds back in January and have contacted them twice to see about my order and they keep saying it is being made. Hey Wes, how long did it take you to get your Boyds? Did you order it from them or buy it elsewhere?

2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Yeah,ordered from them,took about 6 weeks. They seem to be really slow,but I can't complain about the work. Saw a Nat. Match m-1 today at a gun show with a laminated Boyds stock,it was beautiful. The guy invited me to a John C. Garand match in a few weeks,I asked him if my CAI would be welcome there,and he said as long as it's a basic service rifle it's fine. Got a question for ya,could you check and see if the CAI receiver is just a bit wider at the back than a G.I. this guy had a IHC and it looked a bit slimer to me,I'm not sure though.

3. Rod

Rod G&G Newbie

No difference

Wes, I used a mic gauge and there is no difference between the CAI and my Springfield Armory.

4. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Thanks Rod,must be my eyes playing tricks.