close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New gun in SOG flyer?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by colt45, Jun 5, 2002.

1. I don't know if any of you guys get the SOG (southern ohio gun international inc.) flyer or not but I just saw a new gun that is designed to shoot the new mini shell(12ga shorts).(flyer #134)
    It looks to be made on a UZI reciver and furniture but is a pump action and feeds through the pistol grip.
    Now I'm not a guru of federal law on firearms but the way I read the law is that any shotgun must be at least 26" long and have a barrle no shorter than 18".
    and that a rifle can not be shorter than 26" with a barrle of no less than 16".
    so here is my question. How do they sell this new gun as a long gun with only a 16" barrle when it shoots 12ga mini shells?
    the barrle is not rifled and the shells are loaded with shot of diferent sizes so this in my understanding makes it a shotgun.
    If anyone knows more about this please enlighten me.

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Thats the only placeI buy my c&r guns with my license. Ihaven't gotten my new flyer yet but it sounds interesting!

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I seen it is last months flyer...still waiting on this months...it cost about $400+ so I did not realy pay attention to it....not usre how they get around the 18" rule...since its an FFL 01 item has to have been BATF approved....

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I just checked the website, it says it has a 20" barrel. Looks wierd, especially the stock. I'd like to see one in person. Looks like something I'd want, but maybe I'd subject it to a little bit of re-engineering.

5. NRAJOE

Just seen it, too bizarre for me. Maybe if it had a different stock...

6. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Some day... (BattleRifle enters dream mode)
    I'll put a single piece full length stock on a Cobray Carbine...
    I'll make Hi-points take double stack mags and look good...
    I'll transform that wierd shotgun into a beautiful weapon...
    I'll have an AR in 375 H&H Magnum...
    (At this point, the men in white suits come to take him away, ha ha)

7. NRAJOE

Sounds like good ideas to me, i guess the whitecoats will take me with ya!

8. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Got to admit that this does make the Hi-point carbine look good....things so ugly that one of HP enganeeers must have helped design it.. :)

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Let's see, an expensive, very ugly, low powered, pump shotgun that can't take standard shells. Sounds like a surefire winner to me.

10. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

If I bought one of these I would stock up on ammo.