New guy Rhode island

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Waffen-1933, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Waffen-1933

Waffen-1933 G&G Enthusiast

Thank you for information i put each small flag in sealed bags and larger in sealed box like totes then put all in large footlocker size storage tote and put in a moth cake they last a while as they do not dissipate because of on air flow make sure chemical of moth suppressant does not tpuch any thing maybe stain possibility in closet where uniforms are i will look into tje cedar as you kindly mentioned as to that moth cakes dont last due to more free flowing air. How long does the cedar effectiveness last? The smell of moth cakes is not to appealing when you open the door like a chemical rush. Many thanks about the idea i eill check at home depot on that. Best to you Kevin

2. Waffen-1933

2 nco japanese 2 japanese dress swords 1 civil war dress sword 1 ww1 german dress sword. Thank for asking for photos no problem 15875964216721712406358.jpg 15875964898181535285290.jpg 15875965121601195568665.jpg 1587596619684142990167.jpg 15875966376471124978058.jpg 15875966721431632750050.jpg 15875967710111313342370.jpg 1587596788298523032604.jpg 1587596826426708625260.jpg

rando, cjleete, blaster and 2 others like this.

3. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Look like some very nice and valuable items you have here. Thanks for all the pics.

Waffen-1933 likes this.
  4. It lasts as long as you can smell it. Once the smell is gone, simply lightly sand the wood and you're good to go again.

Happy to help!

Cyrano and Waffen-1933 like this.
  5. Waffen-1933

Yes glad to cleared that i was always resilient as i seen aspects of a spray that you would have to put on to mimick cedar i was not feeling that but sanding i can deal with how long would you think cedar would last between sanding prodical timing. I do appreciate your assistance. Best of health to you and yous. Kevin

6. Waffen-1933

I posted some on page 2 thanks for asking love to share items

Dutch likes this.
  7. It's tough to say but at least 6 months between sanding should be fine. And it's more of a light scuffing than a real sanding.

Waffen-1933 likes this.
  8. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Welcome from Leavenworth.

ChaZam and Waffen-1933 like this.
  9. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Welcome to the Forum from the Peoples Democratic Republic of New York. You have a real collection there that I envy. I started collecting swords when I was 10 years old, when my dad, following Cossack tradition, gave me my first (over my mother's objections), a Rajput wedding sword. But you have a lot of pieces that are glorious. Color me envious.

ChaZam and Waffen-1933 like this.
  10. Waffen-1933

I really appreciate you and everybody's thoughts i spend lot of time and made a lot of friends on way to setting up collection i have many items in display draws iron crosses german hat eagles SS insignia skull caps wound badges lots of documents in binders but i would not be possible to post all i will post up some uniforms next others would be to time and tread consuming i proud of what i got done hope members dont think i like in your face type showing these items but i dont show locals as i keep to myself and dont want word to get around as i would be welcoming a house break in. And you guys are great people on this site. I tried a forum before and members where vicious jealous mean spirited people i have NOT encountered that on this site hope to become a accepted asset to forum. Best to you and yous. Kevin

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Huey Rider, blaster, mauser9 and 3 others like this.
  11. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Welcome to G&G. I have some WWII weapons as well. I like the Brooms and Lugers. I also own the some what rare "Papa", Type B Nambu with tropical holster.

IMG_0320.JPG

12. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Very wise to keep silent concerning these items. Highly sought after collectible treasures these days. I would definitely look into some kind of insurance waiver on your home owners policy just in case.

ncnascarlady likes this.
  13. Jim Bridger

I will risk the loss. Once you insure these arms they are in affect registered. I would rather dump them in the river then hand them over to the Liberal schemers.

blaster and Waffen-1933 like this.
  14. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

Welcome from Texas! Showboat away! Please!

cjleete and Waffen-1933 like this.
  15. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

Wow! Absolutely FABULOUS collection! Thank you SOOO much, for sharing! We need to pour this man a cup of Joe, make room for him on the log around our campfire, and invite him to stay, Whadd'ya say Arkansas Hunter?!? :)

ncnascarlady, blaster and Waffen-1933 like this.
  16. Jim Bridger

I would mention a fact regarding the Type B Nambu Pistol. Bill Ruger's pal a USMC officer visited him after WWII.
    The Officer gave Mr. Ruger 2 captured Nambu pistols. Bill Ruger went his shop around midnight with the Nambu pistols. The next morning he came out with the first .22 Ruger semi-auto pistol. The Nambu is the parent pistol of the Ruger's Legendary .22 handgun.:)

blaster, Waffen-1933 and Huey Rider like this.
  17. Waffen-1933

Oh i love the numbu pistols papa numbu with the larger trigger chamber to allow gloved hand shooting. Love it. Tropical holster that would be a web type holster apposed to leather to accommodate environment am i correct on that kevin i am going to post some japenese tunics. Overcoats and jackets tommorow i got even raincoats closet full of them i got a pair of japanese officers boots coming likely tommorow got from Japan post was slow due to virus excited to see i been checking out those nambu handguns i got to get one of those:):)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  18. Jim Bridger

I am not a collector of Japanese weapons. This Arasaki carbine 6.5 Type 38 is 90%. It and the Nambu were picked up in the South Pacific by my fathers cousin. He later went down as Captain of an American ship. His father pushed cattle North from Texas in the 1870s. I inherited these weapons.:usa2:

Attached Files:

cjleete and Huey Rider like this.
  19. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Howdy Howdy Kevin, that's one hell of a collection and welcome to G&G from the high desert of Southwest Idaho just outside Boise :) . Needless to say you'll fit right in here with the rest of the Fellers and Fellerett's and I'm sure I have a few things in my own collection you'll appreciate as well including a beautiful Damascus katana :) ...

ncnascarlady and Waffen-1933 like this.
  20. If1Hitu

If1Hitu G&G Enthusiast

Hello from KY.

Waffen-1933 likes this.