Gun and Game Forum banner

New H&K USP 9 MM

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  billt 
#1 ·

This is my new H&K USP 9 MM I picked up a while back. It's my first H&K handgun. I'm a Glock man at heart, but this gun fit my hand well, so I decided to pick it up. Thus far it runs well and it's accuracy is very good. The gun field strips easily, and is easy to get back together. Not quite as easy as a Glock, but not as difficult as a 1911. Perhaps it's just me but the magazines look really cheap for the money, and especially when compared to the Glock mags, which are about as rugged as they come. Especially when you look at the price. H&K makes a 32 round model, but good God, Midway wants $150.00 for it! That's insane! A Glock 33 rounder is under $40.00. Bill T.

See less See more
#3 ·
I really don't think you are getting any more value in a H&K Polymer gun, than you do in a Glock, Springfield XD, Walther, or any other. These guns, by their very design are cheap to produce. A Polymer framed gun can be molded in seconds for a few dollars, by a relatively unskilled person. (It takes very little actual skill to operate a plastic molding press).

Yes, the barrel, slide, trigger group, along with all of the other metallic components cost the same as most other all steel handguns. But when all is said and done, you can bet H&K is making as high, or higher percentage of profit off of their Polymer weapons, as Glock or anyone else is. And the "quality" is much the same simply because the guns are all constructed the same. The exception being the H&K USP is a hammer fired weapon, where as the Glock and others are striker fired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.