Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

Just bought a Kimber A-22 (.22LR) and now have to wait 10 days!

I played with it as much as possible in the store.

Feels really nice and balanced. The pistol has rubbery grips . Got 4 extra magazines for it and went to the Kimber web site to get their gun cleaning kit and a Kimber T-Shirt :)

The manual says a 300 round break in period with cleaning every 100 rounds.

That will go pretty fast.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome to the site! I have a Ruger MK II in .22 LR and love nothing more than going to the sand pit and burning up 300 or so rounds of ammo on a Sunday afternoon. Fact is...I just got back. (I keep mine in the car, too.)

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
olava that sure is a perty shootin iron you got there and WELCOME to GUN and GAME
Thanks for joining feller...A.H

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone.

The 10 day wait in California is excruciating!

I'm looking forward to plinking, target hunting and the like...

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
olava I feel your pain 4 of the last 5 firearms I bought recently had to be ordered
CORRECTION 5 of the 6 guns I've bought recently had to be ordered.
It's is excruciating... LOL...A.H

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update.

Well, I finally got to pick up my Kimber A-22!

As I know, I live in California, so I had to go through the excruciatingly long wait of 10 days before I could actually pick up my handgun.

So, to bide my time I went to the Kimber web site and purchased extra mags, a t-shirt, and cleaning kit ;all with Kimber's logo on it of course!

I actually picked the handgun up on Sept 11 so I thought that was very patriotic of me!

Before I could actually get my hands on my new pistol I had to sign more forms proving this and that. Unfortunately, while I was signing my final paperwork, I got some blood on the form! I cut my self the previous weekend somehow while I was at the rifle range and it was a bleeder!

Anyway, they wanted me to fill out the form again! I said no way! Why? Because, I don't know what the blood is going to do to the ink over time. I got it right on the serial number. I told them just to rewrite it, below so you can see it.

Good, not redo of the form!

I finally got home. I took the Kimber apart, cleaned it and reassembled it. Did that about 20 times to get the hang of it.

I can 't go to the range till the weekend so I just clean it and take it apart, put it together with my eyes closed etc.

It sure looks pretty nice and feels great.

I took some pictures which I'll post later when I get back from my first outing at the range.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Welcome to G&G and congrats on the new shooter!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got to shoot my new gun Sat and Sun. Put about 700 rounds through it.

I have to send it back to Kimber though because the front sight is really loose. It moves about 1/4".

When I was shooting it the accuracy really suffered because of that and I didn't discover the problem until I got home and started to clean the gun. I thought something was wrong with the rear sight or I was having a really bad day.

Oh well, other than that the gun seems to work fine.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Olava, that Kimber looks great.

It looks like it would feel like a Colt 1911 .45 in the hand.

I love the feel of the Colt so that Kimber should put a smile on my face.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
It looks like it would feel like a Colt 1911 .45 in the hand.

I love the feel of the Colt so that Kimber should put a smile on my face.
Feels like it to me.

It's almost like I could convert it to a .45 by just replacing the slide. I think the frame is from a .45 and they put a .22 conversion slide on it.

The reason why I say that is because I called Kimber to talk to the customer service guy about sending in the slide and he didn't even know they made a .22 caliber gun!

Here are some 10 round groups from 15yds before my gun took a cr*p!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts