close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NEW Idea Jesse

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SPOCAHP ANAR, Apr 22, 2002.

1. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Jesse I have seen posts on here "Where ya at Sound OFF" and the like. I was wondering if anyone else would like to see some sort of map where you can click and get a list of members for that state. Sort of a call up roster for a range rendevous. Maybe we can get some STATE to STATE challenges going on!

I know we have it listed in our profile and it would have to be voluntary just like in our profiles.

Hey would anyone else like to see some patches also?

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

don't know whats involved, but sounds good to me. never know Joe Blow might be a neighbor!!!!:nod: :rolleyes:

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe some of us could meet, and put some faces to these names.

4. SPOCAHP ANAR

NC here

Im in NC and want to start a competition shoot between the surrounding states.

Everything would be on the honor system and we would need a non partial to view targets. Jesse could make some awards for these shoots to post under awards rec'd. I also want a worst shot award seeing how I am in line to win that one LOL.:stupid:

5. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Phac,you'll have some stiff competition from me. I did hit a target once.

6. SPOCAHP ANAR

Where is Jesse?

Is Jesse sleeping? he or any of the moderators havn't replied yet?

7. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Chris and I are looking into something like this. Sorry for the delay in answering. I had 4 NRA Instructor's exams today. Had to get up at 4:40 AM. I'm beat. We're looking into a range report/challenge forum and flag avatars.

Jesse

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

For this Flag Modification to work, I would need to get a copy of each of the 50 flags for the USA, and it would take me a few weeks to shirnk all the images down, and then run tests.

Its a do able project, and I think I know of some extra addons that you mentioned, but please also understand that doing and talking about it are two different things, so just remember patience is a virtue, an time is a vauable asset to those who do not have it.

I will start on it, once I get a few other things out of the way. Hopefully soon

9. SPOCAHP ANAR

Take it easy

You guys are working full time plus your real jobs. Take your time and enjpy life. Let us freeloaders sweat it out for a few weeks!

10. wes

wes G&G Newbie

You REALLY only need two flags. One U.S. and Gen. Lee's battle flag. Split it on the Mason-Dixon line.

11. SPOCAHP ANAR

Watch it wes

If you aren't careful you'll have Qweisi MFUME boycotting this site.

12. Chris

Wes: You know how to make it easy don't ya :)

Well I kinda find the NC Flag kinda pretty myself :)

If anyone has a site with all 50 flags that would save me a lot of time.

13. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I do have a NC flag. Dad's side of the family are still there,quite a few of my relatives fought in the war of Northern aggression. Does Pickett ring a bell?

14. Chris

When I say picture, I mean a graphic on the computer....

Pickett...hmmmmm.....is he that guy that no one likes to invite to the family reunions.....;)

No one can forget him :)

15. First you would have to require everyone to post their true location. Locations like "here" and blank locations would be hard to map.

16. Chris

For sure FireMedic, but the script they are asking for, would be just for them to drop the scroll down box I will have and let them choose their state, and then in the awards popup box it will show their flag.......

Then allow you to search for people in SC,NC,VA,GA you get the idea...

17. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Sounds like alot of fun. Am I gonna be the only Jayhawk around?

If your a wildcat fan, well thats OK too :)

18. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I like the idea - but we have to remember some states are limited on Ranges. Chris you might be able to conduct searches and build the app off the user profile if they were to put in their proper state of residence

Shaun

19. Chris

For sure Shaun, the way I am thinking of doing it, is adding a drop down feature box and letting you choose your state, and then in the Awards box it displaying the flag, but all the details are not sure about yet.

20. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

if you need assistance i'll try and assist