Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,321 Posts
I'd like to try one at the range. I see Kel-Tec is continuing their process of making ugly guns. But if it performs, I can overlook ugly.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
If it runs reliably. I have no experience with the .22 mag pistol but have read that is jams alot!

·
Premium Member
12,323 Posts
The mag pistol (in my opinion) did jam a lot, but was a result of the magazines. I had one years ago and read about them upgrading the mags. I called and griped until they replace mine. It ran flawlessly after that provided i used the right ammo.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Im totally interested if i could find it for msrp or less.

it comes with three 16 round mags, so you can carry almost 50 rounds( 48) loaded. this thing is a backpackers dream pistol!

I would use it as my truck gun. it would also make a great boat gun since there isnt a whole lot on it to rust.

cant wait to start seeing some video reviews and get my hands on one.

of course it comes out shortly after i just purchased my m&p22c a fwe months ago...

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
If it runs reliably. I have no experience with the .22 mag pistol but have read that is jams alot!
i shot a pmr30 quiet a while back, when they were relatively new, it functioned fine, but i wasnt a fan of the ergos or the fact that its pretty lightweight and makes the .22 mag feel like a much larger round, there is alot of kick and blast, I would much prefer it in .22lr. .22 mag is better from a rifle or revolver in my opinion.

this thing is 14oz fully loaded, thats less than 1 lb!

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
I have never owned a Kel-Tec firearm. A friend owned one many years ago. This pistol was in .22 Magnum. We were out in the Desert shooting Jack Rabbits. The Kel-Tec was load and inaccurate. It was truly the savior of many varmints.:D

·
Premium Member
9,902 Posts
Im totally interested if i could find it for msrp or less.

it comes with three 16 round mags, so you can carry almost 50 rounds( 48) loaded. this thing is a backpackers dream pistol!

I would use it as my truck gun. it would also make a great boat gun since there isnt a whole lot on it to rust.

cant wait to start seeing some video reviews and get my hands on one.

of course it comes out shortly after i just purchased my m&p22c a fwe months ago...
Same here. Just picked up a M&P22c a few months ago, too. Still, this guy looks interesting.

·
Premium Member
12,323 Posts
I'm a die hard Walther P22 guy. Not as long a barrel as most, but it fits the hand like no other and even I can shoot it accurately. That's saying sumthin!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I really like the looks of this new KelTec gun. I have a 22LR revolver with interchangeable 22 mag cylinder and a couple of 22 rifles, but I think I need a 22LR semi auto. If this thing is reliable and accurate, I may have to look at one. Maybe Hickock will test one in the near future.

·
I can justify anything.
4,879 Posts
I picked mine up this weekend. Was made in late August and while the price has gone up a bit (now 260 from Grabagun) I have to say I LOVE THIS PISTOL!!
I've tried about 500 rounds of various ammo, from high speed hollow points to crappy Golden Bullets, to standard velocity American Eagle.
Zero failures of any kind. It goes bang, bang, bang, and the accuracy is just fine!! I'm actually kicking around getting a can for it and my other threaded .22's.

Very happy with my first Keltec product!!

·
Premium Member
12,323 Posts
Good to hear the positive report Paper. I've always been a fan of KTs innovative designs, but just haven't been happy with some of their products, and I've owned a lot of them:

RFB
RDB
PRM-30
PLR-16
SU-16 (personal fave)
PF-9
I think I've owned something else but can't remember.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I bought this Keltec P17 22lr semi auto online and had them ship it to my recieving ffl. I picked it up this morning and hoping the weather will clear up enough to take it out for firing this weekend. It came with 3-16rd mags and when loaded only weighs 13.7 ounces.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts