close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Llama

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Lenny2, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

Just put a few hundred rounds through my new Llama Max-I. It is one of the cheapest 1911s on the market, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It had all of the accuracy that a 1911 should. No jams. I know that 200 rounds is not a great indicator, but 200 rounds is 200 rounds. The only thing that gun is missing (for my preference) is an extended slide release. Other than that, it seems to be a great gun for the money. Anyway...just thought I'd share.

2. Llama has come a long way from the early seventies.

Glad to hear you enjoy it Lenny......good shooting dude!.

I have been thinking of a .45 so I'll certainly keep your endorsement in mind.....yepper.

Stay safe....fer sure.

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yes Llama used to be a pretty crappy gun, but i've been impressed by the Llamas i've seen since, have fun there Lenster!

4. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Has anyone everr shot a Llama "Omni" pistol? They came out about 15 years ago. I remember reading about them, and was considering getting one. They were a 1911 type pistol. They special feature was that most of the moving parts had ballbearings. I have never seen one in real life; they seem to be scarce.

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Weird, never heard of it, would like to see one, I like unusual firearms. My guess would be that the ball bearings didn't hold up or people just thought it was too strange.

6. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

One addition

The Llama came with the worst magazine I have ever seen/used. I literally took it outside and smashed it with a hammer (a few too many times...hope nobody saw...). I put in Chip McCormick in its place.

7. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I want to order one of the MAX-I Llamas. I used to see them in every issue of Shotgun News for around $239. I haven't seen them lately, probably because I'm looking for one. Anybody know who is selling them now? TIA.