New M-44 soviet 1946

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by rando, Sep 4, 2010.

1. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I bought a M-44 from a friend of mine today. I paid $200 for the rifle and a 440 round tin of ammo. Do you think I paid too much. I have a few allready but bought them awhile back. He is out of work and I helped him out.

Attached Files:

2. Mosaka

Mosaka G&G Newbie

Looks very nice. I'd do that deal all day. The rifle is worth 140-180 and the ammo is 85-100 in todays market. The M44's are only going up in value. I have a 1946 that has an excellent bore as do a lot of the post war Mosins. Non-counterbored.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010

3. that's a good deal. i really like the postwar mosins!

4. For what they are selling for today, score. My first Mosin is a 46 M44, bought it 3 years ago for $60 caked in cosmoline.

5. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

A two sentence reply generated this response.

"The following errors occurred with your submission:
    1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters."

6. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

Nice looking Mosin!

7. I had the same problem. Then retyped it and it went through.

8. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    given the cost of the ammo i'd say you got a good rifle for about $115. I just paid $150 for mine so yes you got a deal.

9. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Enthusiast

Looks pretty good. Is a rear sling slot escutcheon present? Hard to tell in the pic. If not, maybe it's a war time stock that was updated for the front sling slot. Looks pretty good. My first was a 1946 Izhevsk M44 a few years ago. Paid my buddy like $70 for it. Looked like new, no refurb marks and it all appears to be matching. Bore looked like it had never been shot. I've shot it a few times, and it still looks like it's never been shot!

10. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

11. frenchy

frenchy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ah fine deal rando, the M44 looks to be in great condition, now the biggie, how's the bore?
    frenchy

12. happened to me so often i gave up this a.m. especially when it started leaving off paragraphs.

13. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I'd have to say that's a fair deal, considering it's not that easy to find M44s from the online dealers. Around here, they go for around $130. You might have saved $20 or so on the bundled deal with the ammo, that's all. You don't need to feel like you gypped your buddy or anything.

14. rando

Maryland
    Yes it has a rear slot for the sling. It looks like brass. I have two others and WHEN MY FRIEND BROUGHT IT OVER I WAS SURPRISED to find it was a M-44.. He told me he had a 91-30 at first

15. rando

Maryland
    The bore is really nice Frenchy. It had dust in it and the guy never fired it. I compared it to hy other two m44,s and they are all identical and nice. I dont get out to the range much but found a new one that gets run by the county and has a park ranger on hand. Its $15 and unlimited time and amount of guns you take. Hopefully get there in the next few weeks. Cant target shoot in our state parks in maryland.

16. frenchy

frenchy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Hey that's great rando, I've seen some that would have made great shiney shotgun barrels LOL.
    frenchy:72120: