Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

The outer edge of civilization
Welcome to the site. We love recipes. Remind me to pass along my grandfather's for "Brunswick Stew". The 870 is usually known to be a reliable scatter gun.
I'd love to see your grandfather's recipe. I've never made Brunswick Stew, but the couple of times I've tried it I enjoyed it.

Registered
Welcome from the Buckeye State

Reactions: TXplt and ChaZam

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
..I've always regretted not following a culinary career. I must admit that I envy those who have the flashy precise knife skills. My knife skills are very rudimentary . . .
Well you can always make a change! I didn't go to Culinary School until I was in my late 40's.
And in off hours I teach culinary and have a Knife Skills class that gets lot of folks that want to learn new skills and hone their existing knife skills. Very popular.

The outer edge of civilization
Well you can always make a change! I didn't go to Culinary School until I was in my late 40's.
And in off hours I teach culinary and have a Knife Skills class that gets lot of folks that want to learn new skills and hone their existing knife skills. Very popular.
I would love to take a knife skills class but the closest school with culinary classes in 45 miles away :(

Reactions: ChaZam

Premium Member
I turned 73 just a few days ago. I'm just grateful when I slice onions fairly thin without cutting myself. So I;m just retired, fooling around with a few firearms, and foster a few cats and kittens for a local shelter. I cook a lot of things, but seldom use a recipe. Basic ideas always get morphed into something slightly different every time I make something. I do make a killer meatloaf, and also make some doggone tasty stuffed bell peppers...

I was scheduled to get into a digital photography class last fall but instead I had to do a quadruple bypass. Then about the time I was getting rehabbed enough to get registered again for that class COVID derailed everything. I need to get in touch with that instructor to see when I might be able to get in that class. Changes happen slow with me LOL, but the knife class does sound interesting.

Registered
Welcome from Virginia. I lived in South TX for a couple of years and I must say, I miss breakfast tacos. I don't know of any place around here making some decent breakfast tacos.

God, Guns, Glory
Welcome to G&G from Alaska.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts