Gun and Game Forum banner

New Member from Texas

4K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  Junction15 
#1 · (Edited)
New member here from Plano, Texas. About 20 miles due north of Dallas. Not new to handguns, rifles, or shotguns, but new to the group. I have various guns and am a Concealed Carry Holder, NRA member, and ex-Coast Guard. Current career is Professional Chef but I am a refugee of the telecom industry having worked in Silicon Valley for many years before coming to Dallas. Success there allowed me to get out of that rat race and follow my passion for all things culinary. Joined here primarily to get info about a Remington 870 I just bought and perhaps offer some insights where I can. I'm 61 and my wife and I have been married 27 years (every minute bliss!!). Hobbies include guns, culinary, and motorcycling.

#11 ·
Welcome to G&G!

I spent too many years in Silicon Valley, and escaped to the mountains before Y2K.

Finally bailed out of commiefornia in 2006, because commiefornia was even becoming too insane in the mountains.

#24 ·
..I've always regretted not following a culinary career. I must admit that I envy those who have the flashy precise knife skills. My knife skills are very rudimentary . . .
Well you can always make a change! I didn't go to Culinary School until I was in my late 40's.
And in off hours I teach culinary and have a Knife Skills class that gets lot of folks that want to learn new skills and hone their existing knife skills. Very popular.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.