New member old reloader shooter

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Sask Jack, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Thank you for your interest.
    I have been shooting a couple òf .577 Enfield Sniders , a sporterized .577/450 Martini Enfield with black powder. I also cast for a 43 Mauser and 44/40 winchester.
    I have some newer old Lee Enfields that I would like to shoot some cast lead through.
    I have a ton of old shot gun powders and I don't shoot steel shot and after reading some articles by C E Harris I thought "thats for me" so I am reading every thing that I can find on the subject. I am only interested in the rifle going bang and the bullet hitting some place on the paper.
    Years ago I paper patched for the 577 and 577/450 but I am getting stiffened up enough that I don't want to do that any more.
    If I can lube with Alox or something similar I will be happy.

ChaZam, K75RT and Rocky7 like this.
  2. Fanie

Fanie G&G Regular

SA
    Welcome Jack from a sunny South Africa,
    I have also played with cast bullets and paper patched bullets: 577/450, 375 H&H, .303, .308, 7.62x39, 357, 38 Special, 223, 22 Hornet. (Some of them subsonic)
    I have started experimenting with powder coating (375H&H) and it looks very promising and it is very easy. You should try it.

ChaZam and Rocky7 like this.

3. Greetings and welcome from another noob in South Texas

4. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

From the "saner" side of the country?
    Welcome from Leavenworth.

5. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Another welcome from Alaska. I went to college a few decades ago with a guy from Fort Qu'appelle (I think I spelled it right.)

6. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    Almost. Should have a capital "A". Your brothers in Louisiana would've got it :) Used to be great whitetail country. I mean GREAT.

Stickman and ChaZam like this.