New minature pigs as pets?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tlarkin, May 20, 2008.

1. Coeloptera

Coeloptera G&G Newbie

Mmm....bacon bits.

[​IMG]
    - Coeloptera

2. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

wow thats not even a meal......

3. Potbellied pigs don't always breed true for size. I've known a couple of people who thought they were getting cute little house pets, and wound up with good-sized porkers instead...

4. TexasT

TexasT Devil's Advocate >:) Forum Contributor Forum Contributor

Not too bad. I'm sure that was a nice ham for Christmas and good ribs for the summer bbq.

5. THP THP THP < sound of licking the BBQ sauce off of fingers afterwards. lmao

6. Hmmm! piglet on a stick.
    Might be a bigger hit than sausage on a stick.

7. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

[​IMG]

LOL, I just imagine people keeping miniature pigs in their pockets. I always thought it would be cool to have like a miniature elephant as a pet, like a small hand held elephant.

8. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

I didn't even look at pricing....

Just stumbled upon the site and thought they were cute, and thought it may be cool to have a little piggy as a pet. Though from what I have read, little piggies often grow up to big piggies.

9. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit G&G Evangelist

I wonder if they can be potty trained? If I could potty train one of my baby turkeys, I would have a house turkey. I have one that sits on my shoulder, follows me around strutting and likes to sit on my lap and watch tv and likes his head rubbed. Haven't had any accidents yet, but I don't keep him out long enough. But a miniature pig would be pretty cool. Maybe, that's what guinea pigs are for.

10. mosquitofish

mosquitofish Guest

:09:Look cute, & a bit pricey. not much meat on them. they charge by size. What about $ 1000.00 a pound?? I would rather buy gas!

11. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

Man, guinea pigs are NASTY! We had one, and I was never so glad to get rid of an animal in my life. Rodents don't have bowel control, they just unload whatever they have wherever they are, usually in your lap. And STINK! My God, his cage would reek after 3-4 days, it was horrible.

12. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

Pigs are suppose to be real smart though from what I have read. One of my family's neighbor had a pot belly piggy. he would run over in their yard and we would feed him scraps and play with him. Really nice animal and was great with kids.

I am sure you can potty train them.

13. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

ive heard of piggs being trained as guard/attack pigs

14. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

Man, little itty bitty attack pigs....that makes me laugh at the thought!

15. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

They'd look good roasting in a pit, have to fix several of em, to get enough meat.

16. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

Man if I ever get a little pet piggy none of you are allowed over for dinner, LOL!

17. A 6000 dollar meal!

18. i like pigs , maybe i am a country boy