Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally picked up this beauty today. This one is chambered in .45Colt since I already had a wheel gun chambered in that caliber. Since I mentioned her in another thread thought I would post pictures now that she's home. Prettiest wood stock of any of my Henrys.
NOH Left Side.jpg

NOH Right Side.jpg

Magazine open for reloading
NOH Reload Gate.jpg

Bolt in firing position
NOH Top Loaded.jpg

Cartridge ejector in full eject position
NOH Top Unload.jpg

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.... The wood, receiver, and bluing are the nicest I have seen. Thanks for sharing.
We all agreed when she was unboxed that it was one of the best looking rifles that had come through their shop for those very reasons. Loaded and cycled through the action to check it out and it was as smooth as warm butter...typical for Henry.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
WOW!

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Maybe with my tax returns, i'll buy myself something for once. Had my eyes on one or two of these for some time now.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
When I saw this one I ordered the Henry catalog. They sure make some fancy good looking rifles and the receiver engraving is awesome. Great to own, shoot, and pass on to a family member one day. Nice to see guns of this quality these days when dull is becoming the norm.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is a real beauty!
I want to get one in .44-40.
They originally only came out in .44-40. Since I have no other firearms in .44-40 I wasn't ready to jump into another caliber. When I saw that were making them in .45 Colt and since I already had long guns and wheel guns in .45 Colt I finally decided to jump.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
My dream is a 1873 model or one like yours. Wonder if Henry has one in the works? I know Miroku makes em and they look great but would rather buy one from Henry. Might just trade in all my stuff for one when I quit hunting. If interest wanes a true collectible western lookin model to pass down to my son makes sense to me cause he has no interest in hunting.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice looking and it will probably shoot awesome as well. Good Luck with her.

Reactions: 455rocket

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm a sucker for a lever gun and she is a good looking one for sure. I've got a couple of Henry's and love both of them, they will be something that gets passed down to my kids.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts