close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taurus New PT-740 Slim

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by sasquatch, Mar 11, 2013.

1. sasquatch

sasquatch G&G Regular

WV
  2. Para Cassatt

Para Cassatt G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Make sure to post your test targets when you get a chance to pop some caps.

3. sasquatch

sasquatch G&G Regular

WV
    There are a couple target pics in the article link. But I'll post some more when I get the chance. I have 100+ rds through it so far, only one FTF early in at about 20th rd. I chalked it up to cheap WWB ammo and the pistol's break in period. No other failures other than that one.

4. sasquatch

sasquatch G&G Regular

WV
    Just got a holster for it. It's a DeSantis Sof-Tuck. Size 106, perfect fit for the 740.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It seems to be well made of soft suede and leather. It has adjustable ride height, adjustable cant, and it's tuckable. Been wearing it around the house to break it in. It's comfortable, has good retention, and little to no imprinting with a T-shirt. The draw and re-holstering is a little rough right now but I expect that to improve after it's broken in. Not bad at all for $20.

5. sasquatch

sasquatch G&G Regular

WV
    Update! Zombies (of the paper variety) invaded my range today while I was shooting my 740, big mistake. This first one was 7 shots from 20ft with WWB 165gr FMJ.
    [​IMG]

This one was also 7 shots from 20ft but with Federal Hydra-Shok 155gr JHP.
    [​IMG]

I was glad to see the JHP's cycled just fine in my 740. Zombie threat neutralized. No failures, love this little gun.

6. sasquatch

sasquatch G&G Regular

WV
    I forgot to mention that I now have 91 rounds through my 740. So far I've just had that one failure to feed (with WWB) around the 20th round.

7. dazdncnfusd

dazdncnfusd G&G Regular

Heya. I have a 740 as my EDC, and love it. I have about 500 rounds through mine, and it loves Hornady Critical defense. it does not like PDX-1's, and on another forum, I had another guy tell me his didn't like them either. For the money, I don't think you can find a better carry gun. I carry it in a Blackhawk nylon pancake, size 4 if I'm open carrying, and a Versacarry if I have to conceal.

Best of luck!

8. Mork M

Mork M G&G Newbie

Just want to share; was looking for a small hammerless, semi auto piece in at least 9mm to carry in motorcycle vest/jacket. I'm a rabid 1911 guy so this was new territory. After much looking I picked Taurus 740 slim in .40 S&W. Loved the .40 cal choice but what really sold me (beside price) was trigger!!! Nice!!! Well, took it home, cleaned it, took it to range. Fired first magazine thru it and it locked back as expected - not bad. Loaded magazine for round 2 and then slide would not close completely into battery. Something internally had broken or come lose. Could not even close slide far enough to reach disassembly notch to try and take it down. Returned it to dealer for his gun smith to examine and now it's off to factory in hopes THEY can get it apart. This gun will not come back home with me after returning from Taurus. Guess you only get what you pay for. Went cheap, got cheap. No confidence in the brand new broken firearm to save my life when chips are down... Just sayin'... Guess Kimber Solo, S&W Shield, Ruger 9mm back at top of list. Taurus will be traded.