Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im assuming alot of you saw my topic about a good small game gun. I think i made a pretty good choice. I got a ruger 10/22 with a Simmons DeerField 3-9x32 scope. Got it all for $200.71. I guess i will know how my decision was when i go adjust the scope tommorow.

Sorry for the crappy quality pic.

Attachments

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,325 Posts
Pretty much like mine except mine is stainless steel with a silver Simmons 4x on it...good choice.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just left my 10/22 open sight. I find that I can hit something better with the open sights anyway. But I do have a scoped savage .22. Can't wait until some 10/22 high cap mags come out on the market. Prairie Dogs dont have a chance.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,204 Posts
steel_warrior1 said:
I just left my 10/22 open sight. I find that I can hit something better with the open sights anyway.
N-Joy those young eyes while ya got 'em :right:

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,204 Posts
Finding a 10/22 used in a shop is an odd thing. They are so good, no one hardly ever gives them up once they buy them. Fact.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There are some real nice trigger upgrades that make these great shooters. I have done the upgrade to 3 of my guns, it make a world of difference. Think about also adding a bolt buffer as well this reduces wear on the bolt as it slams into the pin in the back of the reciever. It also makes it quieter.

I too am waiting on the $15.00 50rd mag.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Can't wait to buy a new one just to tinker with it. And Jerry, I will enjoy the eyes while I got them, even though I got contacts. I went ahead and bought the sporter model with the nicer stock. If you want to keep it the way it is, go with that one. Nice stock, very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Its my favorite plinker by far and I can actually put the bullet where I aim. Well, most of the time. :rolleyes:
I have the stainless bull barel with a laminated stock and a 4X Nikon Pro Staff.
I just put in the trigger kit, springs, hammer, extended mag release, bolt buffer and the automatic bolt release.

What a difference!!! Its like a whole new gun.

I didnt see ONE used 10/22 at last weekends gun show. Lots of Ruger mini 14's though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
RifleFanatic said:
Well im assuming alot of you saw my topic about a good small game gun. I think i made a pretty good choice. I got a ruger 10/22 with a Simmons DeerField 3-9x32 scope. Got it all for $200.71. I guess i will know how my decision was when i go adjust the scope tommorow.

I bought the exact same set-up with that scope about 2 weeks ago, for my wife. It's been to the range twice and has about 600 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt and Remington brass coated hollow points through it. It shoots about a 2" group at 50 yds. from sand bags. So far I'm not particularly thrilled with the trigger, magazine release or cramped size (at least for me). I now see why everyone modifies these things since I feel they are flawed by workmenship or design. Right now I feel I should have spent more money and bought a better quality rifle for her. My 45 year old Mossberg will shoot rings around it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I own the bull barreled model and with a fair amount of work It punches close to 1 hole at 50Yds. I still can't hit anything with Rem. ammo. I stopped trying after I switched to Win. In my rifle. This is sand bagged front and rear. So if I miss its my falt. I free floated the action and bedded 8 ins of the barrel. Big difference. Built a stop in the trigger guard and stoned the seer,and surprise- surprise. I have a 6 power Leupole, !!!! thing cost more than the gun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts