Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently added the following Rugers to my collection. A 6" Security Six that was described by my dealer as "never been fired" after checking the cylinders for looseness-a steal at $350. The other Ruger added was a Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" 44 Magnum. Won this on Gunbroker for $425. After I got it found that it was the model with the Super Redhawk grips and a modified trigger job done by Ruger. Were these models sold this way or did the owner have to send them in to get the trigger job done? I am currently debating as to whether I should make the Security Six a "safe queen" or shooter. The Redhawk has the targer Pachmayr grips which are hard as a rock. Have ordered the Pachmayr Decelerator grips to hopefully lessen the recoil

Attachments

·
Wonderment :)
33,547 Posts
Redhawk

The_Vigilante: Sir; I haven't a clue as to whether Ruger will do a 'custom' trigger job. Mine; I do myself.:34:
Ruger has improved the final cleaning and workings of the Redhawk.:)
Safe Queens? Sir; mine are all shooters. Hard to buy and then set aside:bigeyes:

Follow up with your range report on the 'Redhawk' and thanks:)

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Can you post a pic of the Redhawk? The grips are totally different from redhawk and super redhawk.
If you send a gun to Ruger that has a lightened trigger, they well replace all ther parts and return it to oem(lawyer proof) specs. Most use a spring kit on the DA Rugers to reduce trigger pull. Due to the design, the Ruger well never be as light as a S&W or Colt.

·
33,547 Posts
Redhawk

madcratebuilder: Sir; my Super Redhawk has the same Grip as my GP100.
I want to add the REDHAWK 5 1/2" Blue or maybe the 5" in stainless:)
the TRUTH both:09:

Anytime you send something ?modified? i.e. trigger work; if you send a note asking them not to replace the parts; my experience; they have left it alone.

Unsafe they replace;
Cleaned up trigger components have been left alone.

On all the transfer bar will be PUT on the OLD ones and double checked before they are returned.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Recent Ruger Acquisitions

:feedback:I purchased this revolver used on Gunbroker. My dealer, after noting that the trigger pull was good, took off the grips and pointed out that Ruger had modified the trigger setup because it wasn't what you normally see. I am including photos of the grip and with the grips removed. I was reading on the Ruger Forum that Ruger did indeed modify the trigger on some of these Redhawks for hunters.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am unfamiliar with any changes to the trigger mechanism of the Redhawk. I have 2: an 25 yr. old .44 that now has a 5 1/2" barrel, and a 5 yr. old .45, also with a 5 1/2" barrel. The trigger mechanisms are identical in both of mine. I also have a .44 Super Redhawk. It has about the same trigger mechanism as the GP-100. Totally different from the Redhawks.

I used the Redhawk as a training device to teach myself a little gunsmithing. I managed to ruin about half a dozen triggers and hammers trying to get it just a little better. It is very good now, and the hammers and triggers are no longer readily available, so you no longer can afford mistakes.

·
33,547 Posts
Redhawk

The Vigilante: My first look at the new design:) I like it. Much more straight forward. As far as what the seller said/showed I haven't a clue what the picture is telling me.:34:Not anyones issue but mine. I'll have to wait:34:dadgumit to see one for myself. dadgumit. Thanks for the pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts