Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Savage 93R17 17HMR and Cabela is selling a Savage bolt action rimfire accu-trigger. Would this trigger pay dividends? Its $80 bucks, but if it will take this gun from a plinker to a groundhog killer, 80 bucks could be obtainable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If the accutrigger is only 80 bucks I would say yes. I dont have one yet but I've been looking at them. Went to a Savage dealer recently and they had an accutrigger system display. I tried it and its great!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Have not seen the add on trigger but with what used .22s are going for, it might be better to sell the old gun and buy a new Savage with the acutrigger. It's weird how you can buy a new comparable .22 for the price you would pay for a used one. Also, there are a lot of people looking to buy guns from individuals (no paperwork) and I would not hesitate to sell a .22 rifle this way.

·
Wonderment :)
33,583 Posts
rimfirecentral

PistolCity: Sir; check at Rimfirecentral. They are all about rimfires and the abundance of information about the 'triggers'

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Well PC, I have the Savage 93R-17 without the Accutrigger, I bought the gun before they equipped them with them. I worked on the trigger myself, and now, after shooting my freinds Savage 93R-17 with the Accutrigger, I would rather have mine, W/O it.

Here is my reason. I got my trigger down so it breaks just as good as the Accutrigger, but I can shoot mine comfortably with a glove on, where as the one with the Accutrigger, I couldn't. Which is nice when you live in a cold state.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As someone who just completed a study at home gunsmithing program and now looking for somewhere to apprentice. I am not afraid to tear a gun apart and tinker with it. However, a trigger scares the crap out of me. And even if I had the courage to do it. How?

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I have the accu trigger on a 30-06 and a 22 and love it on both. Wish all my guns had one. Is this a replacement trigger your talking about? The accu trigger is adjustable and safer than the old original trigger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Disassembling the R93 Bolt

I have the accu-trigger and I really like it.
I am actually trying to work on the bolt. Has anyone ever taken the bolt apart?

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
#1, i'll be the one. i think the craputrigger is junk. now for you guys that have rifles that did not come with this marvelessly underengineered piece of junk, you can not easily fit an accutrigger to a non accutrigger rifle. best choice, is rework the factory trigger, or replace it with a trigger from sharp shooters supply( they make the #1 aftermarket trigger for savage rifles- both rimfire, and centerfire).

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
i like mine.
it works great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts