Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an idea recently, but I don't how it's going to turn out.I'd like to get the svd style scope mount on my sks, but would I be tampering with the gun and then in the end screwing up the gun. On the other hand would it be fine?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
i dont know why people would prefer scoping rifles like an sks or ak because they are not made for that. they are combat guns, and target shooting is not what they are best for. But since it seems to be a preferance of yours, i dont think it will screw your gun up, but it will be kind of overkill.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
oh, thats right. I didnt really think of that. I guess thats what happens when you've been sick for a week and a half and are tired :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
FutureMarine said:
i dont know why people would prefer scoping rifles like an sks or ak because they are not made for that. they are combat guns, and target shooting is not what they are best for. But since it seems to be a preferance of yours, i dont think it will screw your gun up, but it will be kind of overkill.
Corret me if I'm wrong...but there is absolutely nothing wrong with scoping an SKS. And as of the AK....I belive the Dragunov is based on the AK design. So pretty much it is perfectly fine to fire the 7.62X39 in a long range situation.(Target shooting)

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
The dragunov shares one or two design features with the AK, but is really it's own design. Actually, the Dragunov shares at least as many design features with the SKS.

There are a few SKSs out there with side mounted scope rails above the stock and their own corresponding mounts, but they are quite expensive and if not already installed, its installation would determine whether or not it shoots well at all.

For the money, a scout type mount that replaces the rear site would probably be a good way to get the best accuracy out of the SKS.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I vote scout mount as well. I have seen a lot of optics systems on a lot of SKS rilfes and the best results that I have seen are the scout mounts with a decent scope on top. I like the plain old iron sights the most becuase it gives me challange on how I can really shoot, plus I get to know what my gun is capable of. I think if you are going to spend big bucks on an optics systems then you should put it on a M4 AR-10, or M-14, something very accurate right out of the box.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Triplesixkoe said:
Corret me if I'm wrong...but there is absolutely nothing wrong with scoping an SKS. And as of the AK....I belive the Dragunov is based on the AK design. So pretty much it is perfectly fine to fire the 7.62X39 in a long range situation.(Target shooting)
nope you are not wrong at all, its just a preference

1 - 8 of 8 Posts