Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got it today !! I was so impressed its almost perfect condition stock hardly even a handleing scratch and 100% blue I belive from the serial number its a chinese norinco 1957 model .. all num,bers that can be found match.. Guy said he bought 10 pre bann and had never even fired it and was the last one he had , Spike bayo ..question serial number is A3 16055xx .. I havent taken it apart yet and it dont look like it was ever taken down no sling but comes with a cartrage chest pack and its like new with chinese marking missing one wooden button on a pouch, no sling .. anyone know anything about the A3? It has factory 36 mark on it.. bought if for 165 bucks I will break it down tonight and see what it looks like inside :):):)

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
its a /36\? i dont remember ever seeing that number before, sure ots not a /26\? if it is a 36 thats cool and i wander what kind of deployment those had. i know /26\ was military.
ps
congrats on your new sks!

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a /36? i dont remember ever seeing that number before, sure ots not a /26? if it is a 36 thats cool and i wander what kind of deployment those had. i know /26 was military.
ps
congrats on your new sks!
No number 36 just the factory 36 symbol

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
36 is a correct factory code.
Marion i'm pretty sure you have a Sino-Soviet SKS. It's not a A3, but a cyrillic AZ. The date bears this out a well.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
36 is a correct factory code.
Marion i'm pretty sure you have a Sino-Soviet SKS. It's not a A3, but a cyrillic AZ. The date bears this out a well.
Thats it swede is that good??

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Th "Sino-Soviets" were only made for 2-3 years I believe. So they are more rare than the everyday Chinese SKS

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Sounds like you made a great find Marion!!!! Congrats! Of course we require pics!

And there I was telling everyone you were out buying that mauser. Did you get that as well?

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sounds like you made a great find Marion!!!! Congrats! Of course we require pics!

And there I was telling everyone you were out buying that mauser. Did you get that as well?
Pics will come guys I promise but clean clean clean first . Ok first every part on the gun matches and no signs of scrubbing anywhere..the bolt doesnt even look like it ever had a shell fired.Gas piston and extension are like new!!The stock doesnt look like chu wood has a little grain to it ..I like to never got the reciever cover off it the pin was so tight and also the gas tube lever..The only marks on stock match the bolt and serial number ..I think it has probably been refurbished but it sure dont look like a refub ,,just looks new:burnout::):09:
no tex that was sold two days before I found the add

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
She definitely sounds like a keeper Marion! And it was 2 years they were made. Oh, and while I am at it, we have been using the name Norinco a little too loosely! We have Chinese Type 56 SKS's. Norinco generally refers to Commercial SKS's.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Too bad about the Mauser Marion. But you got a hell of a find with that Chinese! SKS!

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cleaned and oiled back together :kiss:!

the stock on this doesnt look like the chu wood on my type 53 whats it look like to you guys?:smirk:

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,307 Posts
The true Sino-Soviet was strictly a Factory 26 weapon. It also had the blade bayonet, as per Russian practice. It should have the inverted squared-U mark on the rear sight for the battle setting.

Mine is a '59 model, not a true Sino-Soviet, but it meets all criteria except serial number range and date. I suspect it was made up of remaining S-S parts, before they began altering production to make it cheaper.

Still, any SKS that early is nice! In that condition is gravy on the goose! Good find! :)

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The true Sino-Soviet was strictly a Factory 26 weapon. It also had the blade bayonet, as per Russian practice. It should have the inverted squared-U mark on the rear sight for the battle setting.

Mine is a '59 model, not a true Sino-Soviet, but it meets all criteria except serial number range and date. I suspect it was made up of remaining S-S parts, before they began altering production to make it cheaper.

Still, any SKS that early is nice! In that condition is gravy on the goose! Good find! :)
I belive like yours this falls into same position .. the battle setting has sideways u with a vertical line like a D with ears is that what you mean?maybe it is a D?

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Marion that is one sweet little SKS!!! Now you got me wanting a Chinese SKS! I know where one is too!!!! But he is wanting a heck of a lot more than you paid for it!

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Marion that is one sweet little SKS!!! Now you got me wanting a Chinese SKS! I know where one is too!!!! But he is wanting a heck of a lot more than you paid for it!
tex I dont think this guy I got the rifle from probably paid 70 bucks for it 20 yrs ago or howerver long ago he got it probably on the early 90;s it was pre ban ..I think he figured it would sell quick at 165 and he was correct!!:)

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
BD- I know of 2 arsenals that built these. It is not impossible that there was a 3rd. There is no other possible reason to have what Marion described as the A3! In that timeline, the chinese were gearing up fast and furious to build SKS's. If there was a third arsenal they may vey well have used up the last of the Russian parts. So little is known about this period, that most anything along this line is possible, don't you think?

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
ah man im starting to realise that everyones norinco has a nice stock on it than mine...........:sad2:

ps congrats again!! its perdy!!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Marion, you lured me over here, and now I want another SKS, but at least I can stroke my Yugo 59/66. That was a great find but I'm a MN Carbine guy at heart.

I admit that I do get lazy and like not having to cycle the bolt once in a while, so the SKS comes out to play. Not as addictive as MNs.:)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts