Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mostly been using my rifle as a benchrest gun even though it has the thinner walled barrel. I can still achieve excellent results with reloads but I want to get a stock that is a little more comfortable with some more weight to it. I found a company that builds them just through internet searching but are there any other stocks out there for more of a benchrest style?

Here is what I found: Tikka T3 / Sako Q22 | Manners Composite Stocks

I am looking for something with more of a pistol grip but not a thumb hole. Also I would like an adjustable cheek weld and maybe even adjustable butt plate. Also the nitch under the butt of the stock for a hand grip while on a bipod would be nice. The stock I want in the above link is about $600 and that is a little high right now but maybe it is reasonable. I wouldn't be buying it for a while at that price however I do want quality and don't want something I will regret. I would also like to be able to change out the stock myself and have a free floating barrel as it is now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
That looks like a very good choice for what you are looking for. Just wondering if you have any experience with wood working or have friends that are? If so you could but a tactical/bench rest style stock from Richards Micro Fit. With a little cutting and the purchase of a couple adjustable cheek piece and buttstock kits you could build your own for less then half the price tag of the one you have there. Then you can fit n finish it to fit you. Add finger grooves. Paint or stain it to your liking. The whole nine yards. Plus a laminate or wood stock will add more weight then the composite piece.

Just a thought

1 - 2 of 2 Posts