Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My New Taurus " JUDGE " Pics

I bought the Judge about a month and a half ago, just getting around to posting pics of it. I'm fairly impressed with it's versatility and accuracy. I've shot pretty much all that can be shot through it including .410 00 buck and Corbon +P JHP .45LC. The grip makes it comfortable to shoot, but if you relax your grip a might, the rear of the trigger guard wants to smack the top finger on the grip. With a good firm grip there is no problem. The 6 1/2" barrel holds the load together longer than they show in their video with the 3" of course, but you can definitely reach out and touch someone with .45LC rounds. So I think it is the best of two worlds, close in with .410 shot rounds and distance with the 45's. Fun gun that won't fit in your pocket, but rides well in a shoulder rig or in the car. All in all if you like something a little different and useful it will fill the need.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
That sure is a pretty thang!

But I have never liked the feel of those rubber ribbed grips. I prefer a solid rubber grip with finger grooves, but I'm sure those will pop up for the Judge.

How much is it going for there, Mosineer?

·
Premium Member
30,729 Posts
i like it! uh oh.. theres another on the list now....

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It set me back $389.00. Not cheap by any means, but for a multipurpose firearm, maybe not so bad. It fits my needs in the woods or in my vehicle. Soooo, I got to mark one off my list.....
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

·
Premium Member
30,729 Posts
$400 is about what anything cost these days. heck i paid more than that for a midrange .22

i quit kiddin myself over firearms a long time ago. the only reason i need to buy one is if i want it!

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Ain't that the truth. Just got a job promotion and thinking of what new gun to get to celebrate. Thinking of a Raging Bull in .454 Casull.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
dang i just started a thread yesterday asking about the judge the gun shop i go to has one for 439 so i might hop on it

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I held the Taurus Judge today at a local gun show. It feels really nice, and seems like a very reliable gun. I didn't buy it, simply because I already have a similar Taurus 5 shot.

Nice piece none the less. Excellent piece for keeping the car, or night stand.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
$389 is a nice price. My 608 is gonna be $470 (gotta go down tomorrow and place the order, they need a manager to create a SKU for it). I haven't seen any new wheelgun of a larger caliber for $300 yet.

But that is a lovely weapon. I love the way the longer chamber looks, lends it a certain elegance, I think. That and anything that chambers shot shells is usually a load of fun. I checked, and 36 ounces? It must handle like a dream.

Very nice safety features too. A simple lock and a transfer bar (which I am starting to really like the idea of more and more).

I am with just_a_car on the grips through. I prefer the slightly textured rubber with finger grooves too, as does my wife.

Oh, and Gandog56...you won't regret the Raging Bull. I don't own one, but have fired it (and I was strongly considering that for my current purchase, but the .357 magnum won out). It's popular, powerful, and you should be able to bring down a rhino with that monster.

Or if you were feeling whimsical, you could get the Raging Bull's little brother, the Raging Hornet.
;)

I may have to consider a 3-inch for CCW, hmmm...such a good price, seriously.

- Coeloptera

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pricing for the Judge

The pricing does vary with geographical location.

I ordered the 3" barrel 4510TKR-3SS model through Cabelas in Glendale, AZ for $450. This price is competitive with the three other local dealers I checked before placing my order.

If I ordred online at a lesser price, I would have to pay freight and FFL charges and maybe even sales tax. The price with these other charges would probably equal the $450 here locally.

I still have not chosen a holster. I want a paddle or belt hip placed holster but simply have not found one that I like.

I wonder if there are any advantages adding slugs to the mix?

It is my intention to load the Judge's cylinders alternately with Winchester 000 and Buffalo Bore .45 Colt LC 255gr ammo.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
NO. The cylinder must be extended to shoot 410. Regular 45 Colts won't fit it, and I think their chambers are too tight for it at the front anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
I couldn't tell from the pictures. Is the barrel rifled?

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
The Judge seems like it would be a neat little gun to own, I am gonna try one out for sure.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Oh, without rifling it would be a short barrelled shotgun!? Is that how it works??? Interesting!!!
Almost. It would be an AOW. Some short barreled shotguns count as AOWs, but AOWs are a wide variety including far more than just short barreled shotguns. In order for an SBS to be an AOW it must never have had a buttstock.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts