Gun and Game Forum banner

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi chesterwin, yes I was a member of a forum that had a name same as this or very close. One of the moderators was a female with the username Txgal or close to that. She's the one who banned me when I called her a marxist. Her favorite book was: A People's History of the United States, by Marxist, Howard Zinn. Maybe it was longer than 10 yrs ago, time flies. There is another anti-gun forum starting up that purports to be pro-gun, it's called Guns and Gadgets.
So, welcome and I ask again, what was your MOS or AFSC in Viet Nam, what was your unit and what time frame were you there?

·
Registered
453 Posts

1st Inf Div., 701st Maint Battalion Co D. ETSed out of Fort Gordon June 69. In country June 67 to June 68.
I ETSed out of the Oakland Army Terminal about the 7th of April '67. Steak dinner and all the milk you could drink. Disembarked from the troop ship the USNS General Walker (also know as the 'puke sloop') at Vung Tau 1 May '66, flown to Tan Son Nhut, and Convoy'ed to Cu Chi, the base camp of the 25th Div.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I
I had 3 day in country R&R in Vung Tau right in the middle of TET 68.
I turned down my 3 day to Vung Tau. I was in the field at the time and didn't want to come back to Cu Chi. Besides I remembered when we were still on the ship in Vung Tau harbor, we noticed human feces floating in the water, apparently the Vietnamese just hang their ass over the gunnel of the sampan and crap.

·
Registered
15,375 Posts
Hi chesterwin, yes I was a member of a forum that had a name same as this or very close. One of the moderators was a female with the username Txgal or close to that. She's the one who banned me when I called her a marxist. Her favorite book was: A People's History of the United States, by Marxist, Howard Zinn. Maybe it was longer than 10 yrs ago, time flies. There is another anti-gun forum starting up that purports to be pro-gun, it's called Guns and Gadgets.
Thank you for the reply and your service to our Country. Your explanation is well understood because I can see from your experience then, your question of if it's the same site. The answer to that question is yes and no. The name of the site is the same. The membership is not. I remember those days that reminded me of the "Wild West" with the horrible bickering between liberals and conservatives. You'll find the site these days to be much more stable and for the most part, well mannered.

Again, thank you for the explanation and your service. A warm welcome back!

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Welcome Viet Vet. Glad to have you back. I don't know what this forum was like back in those days but I think it's a good forum now.
There's some good nature ribbing every once in a while. Especially when the "animals" get a little restless before feed time" (You'll know what i mean when it comes up again - usually it's a donkey and a raccoon - and it's a good laugh.)

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,583 Posts
Hi Jack !

(always love saying that)

There's a great bunch of folks here. We get the occasional trolls or folks who aren't what they seem from time to time but they're quickly outed. Just your standard freedom loving constitutionalists here.

·
Registered
15,375 Posts
Hi Jack !

There's a great bunch of folks here. We get the occasional trolls or folks who aren't what they seem from time to time but they're quickly outed. Just your standard freedom loving constitutionalists here.
Heck of a pun for a pilot to like! :usa2:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi Jack !

The Constitution and American liberty is what it's all about! And ignorance is the greatest danger to American liberty.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thank you for the reply and your service to our Country. Your explanation is well understood because I can see from your experience then, your question of if it's the same site. The answer to that question is yes and no. The name of the site is the same. The membership is not. I remember those days that reminded me of the "Wild West" with the horrible bickering between liberals and conservatives. You'll find the site these days to be much more stable and for the most part, well mannered.

Again, thank you for the explanation and your service. A warm welcome back!
Thanks chesterwin, I appreciate that.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I

I turned down my 3 day to Vung Tau. I was in the field at the time and didn't want to come back to Cu Chi. Besides I remembered when we were still on the ship in Vung Tau harbor, we noticed human feces floating in the water, apparently the Vietnamese just hang their *** over the gunnel of the sampan and crap.
That's sounds right. I remember over there we said if the world ever needed an enema we knew where to stick it.

·
Premium Member
20,750 Posts
We said the same thing about Olongapo in the Philippines!!LOL!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Dario. I'm new to guns, and also this forum. I realized that my house does not have anything to keep my family safe in it, be it an alarm system or even a bat to use in case some intruder breaks in; now I know a gun might be an extreme solution, but honestly, I want to learn how to use one just in case I ever find myself needing to. In the future, I do plan on making interstate travel, so if I can get a concealed weapons permit in my state of Florida, then I would be able to use it in other states that accept it.

But like I said, I'm new to guns and shooting in general. I've looked up some good Youtube videos, but I know nothing beats an in-person training at a dedicated gun range. However, due to this current pandemic, that is most likely out of the question for the time being.

I've bought a handgun, a Smith & Wesson M&P .380 EZ, and I'll be going to pick it up tomorrow. If anyone has any useful resources here on this forum, then I'll be glad to accept it! Thanks, everyone!
I am also new here

·
God, Guns, Glory
34,696 Posts
Welcome to G&G from Alaska.
Stop by the Introduction thread and say hello.

A suggestion.
How about locking this thread down. Little liberal Dario who started it, is no longer a member. Now almost every new member sees this old thread. And automatically click on it to introduce themselves. It is now 11 pages long.
It gets annoying.
Just my two cents. :(

201 - 220 of 220 Posts