New to Guns and this Forum

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Dario A., Jun 22, 2020.

1. Now you know why I call it my baby hand cannon. :D

I've joked that if I aim just right I could take out the first and second morons coming through the door and really mess up the third. Or take out the one in front of and the one behind the refrigerator.

Seriously though, I don't want to have to use it. Hubby's Glock .40 is much better in the house for defense. If nothing else than because I won't have to patch as many holes in the walls.

Rocky7, rando, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  2. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

that's cause the 40 will only penetrate the first piece of sheet rock.

I had a 68 Travelall the kids called Petunia.
    maybe because it was a faded purple, or maybe the front end sort of looked like a pigs nose, I don't know,, but it stuck.

cjleete, ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.

3. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

information: always double check any and all information. Jail house lawyers will get you in deep doo

Florida “Castle Doctrine”

776.013 Home protection; use or threatened use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.—
    (1) A person who is in a dwelling or residence in which the person has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and use or threaten to use:
    (a) Nondeadly force against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force; or
    (b) Deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.
    (2) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using or threatening to use defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
    (a) The person against whom the defensive force was used or threatened was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person’s will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and
    (b) The person who uses or threatens to use defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.
    (3) The presumption set forth in subsection (2) does not apply if:
    (a) The person against whom the defensive force is used or threatened has the right to be in or is a lawful resident of the dwelling, residence, or vehicle, such as an owner, lessee, or titleholder, and there is not an injunction for protection from domestic violence or a written pretrial supervision order of no contact against that person; or
    (b) The person or persons sought to be removed is a child or grandchild, or is otherwise in the lawful custody or under the lawful guardianship of, the person against whom the defensive force is used or threatened; or
    (c) The person who uses or threatens to use defensive force is engaged in a criminal activity or is using the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle to further a criminal activity; or
    (d) The person against whom the defensive force is used or threatened is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who enters or attempts to enter a dwelling, residence, or vehicle in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using or threatening to use force knew or reasonably should have known that the person entering or attempting to enter was a law enforcement officer.
    (4) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a person’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.
    (5) As used in this section, the term:
    (a) “Dwelling” means a building or conveyance of any kind, including any attached porch, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people lodging therein at night.
    (b) “Residence” means a dwelling in which a person resides either temporarily or permanently or is visiting as an invited guest.
    (c) “Vehicle” means a conveyance of any kind, whether or not motorized, which is designed to transport people or property.
    History.—s. 1, ch. 2005-27; s. 4, ch. 2014-195; s. 1, ch. 2017-77.

rando, LittleRascle and Huey Rider like this.
  4. And only dent the lathe and plaster :D

Rocky7, neophyte and LittleRascle like this.
  5. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Black Pearl would not be a bad name for a pistol ...

Moroco Mole and LittleRascle like this.
  6. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

This guy would approve.

Sparrow.jpg

ncnascarlady, cjleete and Moroco Mole like this.
  7. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

I call the CZ 82 that I usually carry "the executioner" because it has given the coupe de gras to so many game animals, put down several terminally ill pets and slaughtered some livestock.

Moroco Mole and LittleRascle like this.
  8. Cattman

Cattman G&G Evangelist

blaster, you are so correct. dont pull a gun unless your serious. i stopped a burglery in seattle in the 60/s he was high and laughed at me when he saw my sa nd w chiefs special. continued to do what he came to do. when the gun went off he changed his tune. i made him dance, the cops said i should have killed him. that was a different day. and dance he did, just like the old west movies. oh yes i did not empty the gun and had extras in my pocket. he kept screaming, im dead im dead. the cops came and took him away. he made bail. went to calif in a stolen car and went to prision down their for a long time. he sure learned how to dance fast. when i think of it now, it was serious but now it seems funny. again he said, you will never shoot that thing and the next thing he knew was a loud bang. every light came on in the neighbor hood. cops came after that and arrested him. when they are on drugs they have false courage. their johnson and what is below it turns into a monster. dont pull a gun unless your skilled and know how to and will use it. thanks blaster for getting me going.

Dario A., Huey Rider, Cyrano and 4 others like this.
  9. cjleete

cjleete G&G Evangelist

goober blaster.jpg On naming cars; I have never named a car but now I think I will name my F150 the Aluminum Falcon. Fans of Star Wars and the comedy show Robot Chicken will get the reference. It is both speedy, and body of aluminum.

On naming firearms, I have only ever named one, and that is the Goober Blaster.
    This here 3 inch 44 mag makes a horrendous noise and insane muzzle blast shooting magnum ammo, so I used to take it to the indoor range and when the sideways-shooting, droopy pants crowd is doing something stupid in the next lane over, I can drive them away with a few rounds downrange from out of that hand cannon, hence "Goober Blaster"

TXplt, chesterwin, Dario A. and 5 others like this.
  10. Dario A.

Dario A. G&G Enthusiast

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I feel like I over-lubed my gun the last time I lubed it up, so I wiped it down and lubed up only the points the owner's manual says to lube up. The slide rails (I think that's what they're called) already has a bit of scuffing and you can see a bit of the grey metal underneath when it should be all black like the material around it. I can take a picture if you guys wanna see. I guess that wasn't lubed properly the last time (even if I made sure to put a lot of lube on that part) or maybe they're made to not be that durable in paint since that's where a lot of metal on metal contact is. Regardless, I cleaned it up and lubed it properly now.

I have found some ammo online as Bass Pros Shop that looks good. Blazer Brass Handgun Ammo. I hope it goes well with this gun. I think I'm gonna test it out at the local gun range soon. Thanks, y'all.

ChaZam, ncnascarlady, Cyrano and 4 others like this.
  11. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Love it and your Sgt was right. Call him "TOK" for short.

12. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Like anything else the paint will wear off and the gun will shoot fine.

mrmike7189, Cyrano, blaster and 2 others like this.
  13. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Just wearing into itself, the rails will rub them self's to a perfect fit on a new gun. That is just your gun getting more accurate and reliable. It would cost way too much if they lapped them in from factory before the blueing. You gun could have cost twice as much, or you can lose a little blueing where the contact points are.
    Since you are going to keep those spots lubed it is a non issue.

ncnascarlady and Jaison like this.
  14. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

IMG_20200714_000925840~2.jpg
    Here is an example of normal break in wear. It will be slightly different depending on your gun. Make sure you put a small amount of lube on those bright spots when cleaning.

Jaison, Cyrano and LittleRascle like this.
  15. Fares

Fares G&G Newbie

Welcome! You'll need a good mentor and a certified gun trainer to get you going

Dario A. likes this.
  16. Dario A.

Dario A. G&G Enthusiast

I hope someone at my local gun shop can point me in a good direction for that yes!

ncnascarlady likes this.
  17. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Look for the person that everybody says "He knows what he is talking about" and he will also be the one that folks might say "He is a stickler for the rules and getting everything right."

ChaZam and ncnascarlady like this.
  18. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    Welcome from New Yorkistan! The armpit of the North East!

Cyrano likes this.
  19. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

If you shoot that as well as I've seen you shoot a rifle, I want to be on the same team. Stay safe with the virus and and all the bs bro.

cjleete likes this.
  20. Dario A.

Dario A. G&G Enthusiast

Hello everyone! A bit of an update on my end. I talk to my neighbor a lot nowadays; the other day, I mentioned how I have a firearm. Yesterday, we were conversating, and I ended up showing mine to him. He had one of his own, an S&W M&P 9mm Shield M2.0. We compared guns in dimensions and handling since I don't have any ammo yet. After deeming the firearm safe and handling it with care (having the slide locked back, pointing at the ground, etc.) I realized how hard it is to operate a firearm that isn't mine. I couldn't even rock the slide back sometimes with how much force it took. Comparatively, my gun really is "EZ" for a reason! I have a new-found appreciation for my pistol now, seeing as how others out there are comparatively hard to use! My neighbor loved the handling of mine, especially now since he's an older gentleman, and his hands aren't what they used to be anymore. Maybe one day, once this pandemic is over and I feel safe going to a firing range, I could ask him to go to shooting with me. A shooting buddy, haha! Truthfully, I don't think I'm going to go to a shooting range anytime soon, not while my area is still a hotspot.

I also just got an email from Bass Pro Shops today that my Blazer Brass Handgun Ammo is ready for pickup. I hope I can find a proper place to put it in my home once I get it. I "upgraded" the lock on my gun case from a three-number combination lock (that takes forever to open, especially in an emergency), to a four-digit combination lock. This new lock it much faster to open now, especially if an emergency arises. I think the last thing I would need which I can hold out on would be some ear protection since I'm not going to a range anytime soon.

Thanks to everyone's advice here in this topic. I hope you all know I look back on this topic from time to time to get some proper advice.

ChaZam, blaster, Huey Rider and 2 others like this.