Gun and Game Forum banner

New-to-Me HK VP9

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ItstheHOFF 
#1 · (Edited)
Stopped by a LGS last weekend to get rid of some cabin fever. Had no intention of buying much other than a box of ammo or some cleaner, just as a thank you for letting us idiots hang around and commiserate.

As I was getting set to leave, one of the owners says to hold up. He had forgotten to show me a pistol someone had brought in as trade earlier. Turns out it was an HK VP9.

Now, I don't 'need' anymore pistols, but that gun looked at me and started wagging its tail. I told the owner I don't have the spare cash right now, but he just smiled and asked what I had to trade.There was a pistol that was up for horse trading with, so it got mentioned and he agreed. With an additional $175, the VP9 could have a new home.

So, in short order, the trade was made and I have an almost brand new HK VP9 with an extra mag thrown in. Cool thing is, the original owner had just bought it a few days before, but returned it to get a 10mm Glock (long, boring story). He paid for the depreciation and yours truly got a quality firearm for the same price as I paid for the trade in, plus a little more-- essentially, a VP9 for $175.

Now, time to get a Talon grip for it and run it through the firearms combine.

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

See less See more
#3 ·
^^^

Yah, really liked the HK45, but the thing was a beast. Plus, some other poor soul wanted it a lot more than I did. LOL

Thought the same about Talons before putting them on a Glock 48. Made a huge difference. Guess the grips on the M&P 2.0s have spoiled me a little.

#6 ·
Handling a VP 40 at a gun show was the big first step in my decision to buy one. I held off for some month and when they announced the magazine palooza campaign of 5 extra mags with the sale of one......I jumped. A bit over six hundred out the door. Now have 7 13 rnd mags...
Got lucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.