Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Strangely enough I bought a Marlin 30-30 at the barber shop couple of days ago. Got it for $175., it looks real good, came with a scope. Since it was so cheap I didn't expect to much from it at the range. Wow, I was mistaken! I can shoot 2" groups at 100 yds. with a 4x scope and it was sighted in dead on. I think it worthy of a decent scope. What are these little guns capable of?

edit: I just noticed the 30-30 thread below. Very cool. BTW, mine is a Glenfield probably 70's vintage.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Capt. Your new gun is capabile of takeing Deer size game and Varmints.
The only differents in the Glenfield from the 336 line is the stock with the Glenfield being Hardwood and the 336's haveing Walnut.
You got a great deal, but where you'll know this paticular rifle sold for around $69.00 to 79.00 back in the 70's though Marlin no longer sells the Glenfield line they still sell Hardwood stock models that sell for around $475.00 or a little more.( The same Gun ) So they gone up haven't they.
You did real good feller and with the accuratcy you described you got a keeper enjoy your new gun and I wonder if you were to give the barrel a good cleaning it would close up the groups even more ?...A.H

P.S. WELCOME to GUN and GAME !!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I have killed several deer with a Marlin 30/30. They are great little rifles. I still have mine even though I have lots of other high power rifles. No use in getting ride of something that works.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yeah,
Hard to go wrong with a Marlin 30/30. Nice price for a nice gun.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
2 inch group is great

Congratulations. You have a great gun at a great price. 2 inches is just wonderful with this caliber as it is not historically regarded as a target round.
You made the deal which we really wish we could find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts