Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Christmas my wife got me a Dillon 550B reloading press. Yesterday I shot my first 50 reloads from it and have become hooked!!

My groups were much tighter and more consistent than with factory loads not to mention reloading is just plain fun! Started out with some fairly light loads and now will try some experimentation with other loads to see if I can improve on yesterdays results.

Mark

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by jerry
You lucky dog! The Dillons are nice. I'm still stuck on single stage. Of course my shooting volume has peaks and valleys in it. Sometimes I can justify it sometimes I can't.

Hey, just curious. Can you hunt/shoot in Carolina on Sunday? Some guy told me this long ago. I can't remember if it was N. or S. Carolina, or mabe Virginia. He could have been mistaken all around?
Thanks, I do like the press and even moving slowly it still churns out a bunch of amo in a short time.

I can't answer your question about hunting on Sunday for sure, but I believe I have seen hunters out on Sundays around here.

Mark

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chek52,

Thanks for the advice. I have already noticed that there is a "feel" to this press. You can tell when each operation is happening and what is going wrong. I have also learned that it does not need any forcing, and if it does there is something wrong.

You really spit out a bunch of loads once you get the into the swing of reloading, but I have also learned to be carefull.

MArk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.