New to site New owner of AK47's expert advice needed :)

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Penny Lane, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Penny Lane

Penny Lane G&G Newbie

Hi there!
    Look like my previous intro thread disappeared so I'll try again...
    I'm new to the site and excited to find a friendly space to gain some knowledge from the experts! I recently inherited a few AK 47's and am looking to get them appraised but have no idea where to even start! I'm from the south so grew up shooting guns now and then of course but haven't in ages and know very little about them. If anyone has time to have a look at my other thread "Total Novice in need of an inherited gun appraisal" I would be super grateful for the help!
    Thanks!

Dutch and gsbuickman like this.
  2. tnakshooter

tnakshooter G&G Enthusiast

US
    Check you're novice thread. I answered you.
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

3. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Well good morning Penny, once again Welcome to G&G from the high desert of Southwest Idaho :) .

I also commented in your appraisal thread again but this thread will give everyone else here on the board a chance to say hello :) . I think you'll really enjoy shooting those AK's once you learn a little about them. There are a whole lot of women around here including my girlfriend that enjoy shooting the AK and the SKS ( they both shoot the same cartridge) at the gun range because the x39 is a nice intermediate size cartridge with a light recoil that makes it easy and fun to shoot and since it's also fairly cheap that makes it really affordable to plink with at the gun range :) ...

4. Penny Lane

Penny Lane G&G Newbie

Thanks GSbuikman :) I'll definitely keep that in mind if I get brave enough to shoot them.

gsbuickman likes this.
  5. tnakshooter

tnakshooter G&G Enthusiast

US
    Last those guns on the ak files or ak forums in the market place. They'll get sold quick.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

6. Welcome from the Piedmont of NC, Penny! You'll find lots of good advice, and great folks who'll be willing to help you out.

7. gsbuickman

Really , only 5 comments ?. Where is everybody ?, y'all can do better than this ...

8. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

hey I went fishin this mornin..

sides I'm still trying to figure out if it is a real name or a Beatles fan.

gsbuickman likes this.
  9. gsbuickman

Ha ha, I guess your excused but you'll have to ask Penny about that :p . I hope everybody else shows up PDQ and is able to help a gal out :) ...

10. gsbuickman

Afternoon Penny :) . I'm sorry this is really embarrassing but idk where everybody is or why they're not chiming in to say hi and help out :oops: , but don't get discouraged grab all the pics from your original thread and start a new thread here in the AK-47 area and I'll bet it takes off :) ...

www.gunandgame.com/forums/ak47.65

11. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

:):)Welcome to G&G from Michigan:):)

12. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Welcome to the Forum from the Peoples Democratic Republic of New York.

13. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Welcome from "Prison City" USA aka Leavenworth, Ks

14. N5KDA

N5KDA G&G Enthusiast

I'm not an expert on AK's, but Welcome from the GREAT STATE OF MISSISSIPPI. Even better, SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI !!!