Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow gunowners and shooters!
I have been following this site for a month or so, then decided to join. I like collecting old milsurp firearms and also shooting them. Do have some modern firearms, but not my first pick for the range.
Currently waiting on a SVT-40 to arrive at my FFL dealer. This will be a good one to shoot! I am in a wheelchair, so maneuvering with a rifle is a bit tricky.
Joined here to learn and maybe add to the conversations once in a while.
Jc

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,218 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from the Peoples Democratic Republic of New York. You have something in common with us Upstaters, graybeard: We both live in states with governors who are idiots and don't understand the Second Amendment was put in the Constitution to keep people like them from riding roughshod over the civil rights of the citizens they purport to govern, when what they really want is to rule.

Reactions: Rocky7

·
God, Guns, Glory
34,275 Posts
Welcome to G&G from Alaska.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Welcome from the Buckeye State

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Welcome from Smoky Mountains. When you get that SVT40 make sure you get familiar with the gas regulator. When I got mine it jammed every round and adjusted the regulator and shoots fine now.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all of you.....one heckuva welcoming party.
Idiot governor? Yes!....cannot stand the fool we have in Va. Doing his best kiss any butt that can help hide his "blackface" embarrassment.
Mounting a rifle to the wheelchair? That may be an idea I gotta look into!
And thanks for the heads up on the gas regulator. Have read up on the problems that make the SVT -40 quite PIA to shoot.

·
Less well known member
5,039 Posts
Yet another big welcome from Alaska!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Old man, No tact...