close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jesse, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Ok Guys, something new and refreshing: Name your favorite action movie that shows the realistic or somewhat realistic use of firearms...

Jesse

2. Armorer

Armorer Guest

Rae Dawn Chong saves Arnold with an M-202 rocket launcher after firing the first one backwards (didn't see the arrow on the case)

Arnold: "How'd you do that"

Rae: "I read the instructions"

Commando

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

RED DAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great bumper sticker, too.

4. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Got to go with Red Dawn and Enemy at the Gate...Even played the movie for all my Mosan Nagants and the accuricy increased by 4 MOA...:)

5. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I say Heat, directed by Michael Mann. Excellent gun battles and very realistic... someone really worked with Val Kilmer because he really handles the CAR 15 very well.

Jesse

6. I vote for any Gunsmoke movie (following the series)...just that I like the old west movies and most were on location here in Arizona......"Down to the Last Man" was based on a true story here.....about the Tewksberrys and Grahams.......and pretty accurately portrayed too.

After that it's "Blue and Gray"....yepper.

7. Bear

Bear G&G Newbie

For me its got to be Saving Private Ryan.....What more can be said?

8. Gotta go with Saving Private Ryan. The sounds of rounds impacting metal objects and whizzing overhead...

9. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Tough choices. Think I'd have to go with Saving Private Ryan,with Red Dawn a close second.

10. Benny

Benny G&G Newbie

Put my vote in for Saving Private Ryan, horrific but I'm glad I saw it. Now it's my favorite movie!

Benny

11. buttons

buttons G&G Newbie

Here is a couple of movies that I really like. The Big Red One with Lee Marvin. The HBO series, Band of Brothers. My wife hates war movies, she started it with me and never missed an episode. It gave her an education on what these guys went thru. Another great movie is Braveheart, ouch, those spears and the horses. There are so many good ones but my favorite is Big Red One. Marvin was a WW11 vet. It was also a true account written by the guy in the rifle company who was always chomping on cigars. He later went on to make alot of great war movies in the 50's and 60's. For the life of me I cannot remember his name. Sam something, Tim Robbins of all people did a documentary on him a few years back. Called the The Gun, The Typewriter and the something else. The old guy is still smoking them stogies. He was something to listen to and watch. Somebody out there can remember his name, what is it????

12. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    ALL the above and throw in Quigley Down Under.

13. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

I'll have to go with the HBO series Band Of Brothers also it's like seeing a new version of Saving Private Ryan every week

14. Rooster

Rooster G&G Newbie

"Lonesome Dove" "Band of Brothers" "A Bridge Too Far" Any John Wayne movie, "Clear and Present Danger" "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

15. I'll have to go with Red Dawn and Tombstone. Throw in the Jackle with Bruce Willis for grins.

16. I'll have to go with " We Were Soldiers", " Band of Brothers, " Enemy at the Gates" and "Saving Pvt. Ryan". All excellent movies.

17. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

"High Noon", starring either Gary Cooper or Randolph Scott (can't remember which one) is my all time favorite.

Oxford

Last edited: Apr 14, 2002
  18. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    WWII: Saving Private Ryan/Band of Brothers(HBO series&the book)
    Vietnam: Platoon (even though Full Metal Jacket is funnier)
    Modern: Blackhawk Down
    Other: Heat
    Those are my movie picks....Have yet to see We Were Soldiers..should do that today.

-Tim

19. Lonesome Dove, when Capt. Gus McCrae is in that buffalo wallow with that Henry, and fires a few spotting rounds, then raises the rear sight and walks 'em in on the fellow with the Sharps. My favirite quote is when he starts firing at them, and Monkey John says " ah he can't hit nothing from there, he's just wasting his bullets". Another scene is when he goes into the Commanche camp, and lets that 'ol Walker Colt do the talking. Another western I like is The Unforgiven, when Will Muny goes into the saloon and has that 'ol double barrel in hand. I like what he tells them after blowing a new opening in the saloon keeper. "I've come to kill you Little Bill. Out of all the westerns that Eastwood has been in, I think he looks the most convincing in that scene. another movie I like is Sniper One Shot One Kill with Tom Berenger. By the way, I've read that Mr. Berenger is in the process of making a movie about the U.S.Marine Corps. It is supposed to be a historical film, the title if I'm not bad mistaken is Leatherneck.

20. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I'd have to say SPR, along with "Seige Of Firebase Gloria", "Platoon", and "The Professional".

:assult: