close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Toy From TAPCO

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Ordered the scope mount and shell deflector on Thuresday arrived in the US mail (Priority) today. Despite the catolog saying some sdjusting may be needed for the mount it took 15 min to install mount, deflector and scope (3x9)...guess I may have to miss work tommorw or wednesday....Ill post a pic.
    :nod:

Attached Files:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Sits kinda high don't it? Looks uncomfortible to sight thru!

3. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

looks like its really close back to you -- Today I should be recieving a scope I picked up for $39 from Midway I got on clearance 6x24x40mm BSA Contender Target Scope for the price I figured I could find something to put it on

4. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Let me know how that 6x24 works..seen them but for some reason did not rember were....

5. Doglips,

Looks like you're set for gator killing.....fer sure.

It's hard to tell in the pic but which mount did you get...the replacement receiver mount?

6. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

The replacement reciever mount. I have a chinese SKS and the add talked about how you may need to sand, grind adjust to fit but it went on with not problems..fits tight. This is the see through mount so you can use the iron sights. It does sit a high and a little short on the eye relieve compared to my other rifles but it seems prety solid. Talked to the boss and worked out a deal. I can go to the range in the morning (if its not raining like it has been all week) and go in around noon....the alternative was me siting around the office dry fireing it all day so boss figured a few hours off would be ok. Wifee poo got me a spoting scope for Fathers day so figured Id hit the 100 yard range with the SKS and the hi-point 9mm carbine....will let you all know how it goes.

7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Bob, you might want to try mounting it the way I did on my Yugo SKS. I have both rings behind the adjustment knobs, allowing the scope to go further forward for proper eye relief. It looks a bit odd, but it works. I have a similar setup on two other rifles, and it is solid.

8. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Scope looked good but wow is it long on the AR with the eye relief set and the sunshade on its within 3"'s of the front sight. I'll be testing it this weekend - I also bought a crosshair replacement front sight for the AR so I have a full testing session this weekend. Bore sighting is scheduled for tonight I use a laser if you are wondering it's a huge savings in ammo and works on auto loaders perfectly