new toy

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 8mm Vigilante, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Just got finished breaking down and cleaning my new enfield No4 Mk1, this is by far the best deal i've ever gotten on a gun, i paid $120 for it and it's flawless, i mean bore is absolutly mint!! it came with the proper sling, and all the paper work from when it was imported into the country in the early 80's.
    The only part of this gun that needs anything done to it is the stock, and even that doesn't really need work, i'm just a little anal about certain things :p
    i'll try and post pics but that could take awhile i don't have access to a scanner.
    -Jesse

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

good going, may joy and happiness, reign in your house!!!:rolleyes: :D

3. Sounds like you got yourself a helluva deal there 8MM.

If you need anyone to babysit her let me know, lol.

I looked at a .303 British Enfield yesterday that looked like someone used it as a hocky stick and they wanted $250....not this guy!

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Good price! At last Saturday's gunshow a nice No4 MkI* was priced at $180. I was tempted, but got a wiff of Russian Cosmoline . . .

Those old British Smelly's are sure nice. ;)

5. yeah i've been wanting an enfield for quite awhile but could never find one that was just right, it was horribly over priced or it was in excellent condition but was still just too much $$$ or they look like they were just dug up from the somme battle field.
    but i lucked out on this one big time!
    And it sure is a great picker upper from this whole car thing!
    -Jesse

6. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I have a No1MarkIII. I really enjoy shooting it. Good luck with it buddy....

7. wes

wes Guest

Got me a new toy yesterday, AR-7. Been looking for one for the right price for awhile and found it in a pawn shop. Good condition,but whoever had it must not have known that you have to clean them at least every few years.

8. Doglips

Doglips Guest

So will you now be know as 303 Vigilante????????

9. hahahah nah i think i'll stick with 8mm, i don't like the idea of being a vigilante powered by cordite!
    -Jesse