New Toys have arrive

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Shaun, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Well the first of the new toys have arrive I took delivery of 2 M48a's from CDNN this evening -- they are better than advertised. I bought the Matching numbers good to Very Good or (70 to 85%) Well my ranking on both rifles is as follows:

Rifle 1 -
    Finish of Metal --All blue intact not faded or scratched
    Bore - the lans and grooves look brand new
    Furniture - Scratched and dinged but looks like normal wear (Character Markings)
    Bolt - Clean

Overall rating 90 to 95%

Rifle 2
    Finish of Metal --All blue intact not faded or scratched
    Bore - the lans and grooves look sharp very few rounds have been through this one.
    Furniture - Scratched and dinged but looks like normal wear (Character Markings) - also it looks to be a possible laminate as it has dark strips in the grain
    Bolt - Clean

Overall rating 90 - 95%

Repurchase from CDNN ? Definitely
    :cheer:

2. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    thanks for the heads up. now get some of that 25k rounds of ammo out of the closet next to your '70's vintage Playboys and send us a range report. :D

3. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Sunday afternoon's plans are set for the range -- sat I am in the tree stand waiting for a deer --with a sharp stick

4. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I'm doing the sharp stick thing in the A:M too. good luck Shaun

5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

good deal!!!! and good luck tommorow!!!:D

6. Great deal man, congrats!!
    M48's are sweet rifles, once you get dialed into them you can't miss!!
    Looking forward to that range report!
    -Jesse

7. It'll be interesting to hear how high your's shoot Shaun.

I hade to drift the front side left a bit but without a new and higher front Barleycorn sight blade to file down I can't zero mine at 100-150 yards.

I sure like 'em though. They bark like a rabied guard dog and kick like a badly cinched mustang!

The interesting thing, for me, about the 48s or 48As is the style and quality of the bolt is very similar, if not better, than, say, the Remingtons, etc.

They are one sweet rifle and I'm sure you're gonna love 'em Shaun....keep us posted, bro.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2002