close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NEW TOYS ?

Discussion in 'Pistol Carbines' started by Merle, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Merle

Merle G&G Enthusiast

So, anybody get anything new (or used) for Christmas ? ;)

jerry, jwrauch and neophyte like this.
  2. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

My kids got me a AR-15 pistol kit, should be here any day...it was back ordered. Looking forward to putting it together.

3. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Not a pistol carbine, not for Christmas but for birthday in December put a 1895 on layaway. Long 90 days wait.

draftingmonkey, jwrauch and neophyte like this.
  4. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Now you"re talkin!! Was anxious to hear if anybody got any "good toys" like guns and knives. Last year was a new sheath knife and a super powered flashlight which I consider toys to but this year was more practical but not disappointing. Warm vest and gift cards from the kids. Ended up with new insulated boots. Pretty happy camper.

5. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    I got what I usually get every year from my wife and kids, nutin'!

my1871colt45, Wicked109 and mdj696 like this.
  6. draftingmonkey

draftingmonkey G&G Evangelist

I didn't get a pistol carbine either, but combined with cash Christmas gifts, the sale of a pair of AR speakers and some good year end sales, I was able to get a Henry Original in .45Colt. Pickup next week.

Dutch, mauser9, Merle and 3 others like this.
  7. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
  8. Plus 1

Wicked109, draftingmonkey and jerry like this.
  9. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Forgot to mention my son gave me a Vortex Strike Eagle scope. I immediately installed it on my AR and dialed it in on New Years at his place.

Dutch and Ron The Legend like this.
  10. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

nothing cool.
    but I got a popcorn tin full of whoppers candy from the oldest girl, a gift card to texas road house [I just got back from there actually]
    and the wife paid for the parts I needed to rebuild my Ponsess Warren L/S-1000.
    that poor machine has cranked out shot shells since the early 90's and has worn out 2 trap guns and a hunting shot gun.
    it was sorely in need of some new bushings and a primer tray.

11. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Merle likes this.
  12. gsbuickman

hot ****, thats what I'm talkin' about. I need me 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 of them tins of Whoppers. now I need to find some place around here that sells them

13. runfiverun

I'm pretty sure she just bought a bunch of whoppers and poured them in the popcorn tin.

the oldest girls little Chihuahua loves whoppers and always mooches some off me when I open the lid.
    when I brought the tin home and set it down the little dog just sat there next to it shaking and barking like she does when she wants something.

gsbuickman likes this.
  14. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    You ARE aware the chocolate will kill your dog, yes?

15. gsbuickman

Good call, chocolate is bad juju for dogs because it makes them violently ill and will kill them depending on how much they weigh and how much they've eaten

16. Merle

Merle G&G Enthusiast

OOPPSS, either I missed it - or forgot it - hard to say which. :oops:
    But at least it's a chance for an update! :D

17. runfiverun

yeah, chocolate is bad for dogs.
    I'm more worried about the non chocolate parts of the 'chocolate'.
    the percentage of chocolate fat in many chocolates is so low it might as well not be an ingredient on the package.

anyway.
    there is a formula out there where you mix peroxide and water and give it to a dog to drink.[so many oz's based on body weight]
    this makes them throw up.
    I know it exists because a biologist friend told me about it after his Lab ate about 4 lbs of chocolate covered coffee beans.
    I haven't found the weight conversion yet.

18. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

AR15 pistol kit just arrived, 10.5" .223 Wylde barrel, MLock handrail, Shockwave stabilizer, and a whole lot of parts. Will have to decide on optics and a different flash hider (other than stock). When I get it together, I'll post a photo...

Dutch likes this.
  19. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    How's the vortex working out?