NEW WASR-10

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by DEGRAVEWD, May 5, 2008.

1. DEGRAVEWD

DEGRAVEWD Guest

I JUST BOUGHT A NEW WASR10 AND IT DOES NOT LIKE TO SHOOT NON LACQUERED BULLETS. I AM CURIOUS IF THIS JUST THE GUN BEING PICKY OR DIRTY, OR WHATS GOING ON. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO BOUT THIS.

2. Have you completely stripped it down and cleaned it and checked the gas tube?

3. DEGRAVEWD

DEGRAVEWD Guest

4. Sounds like it's gummed up to me.
    Mike

5. DEGRAVEWD

DEGRAVEWD Guest

IM GOING TO TAKE IT APART AND CLEAN IT TOMORROW

6. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

Hey, while you're at it, you could look into unsticking your caps lock :kiss:

But yeah, cleaning it should solve your problems.

7. paparoach429

paparoach429 G&G Newbie

haha i had to think about this one for a second but then i just started laughing.. haha while your at it unstick your caps lock!

8. muzzlebreak

muzzlebreak Guest

New WASR

"DEGRAVEWD", I just picked up a new WASR 10 on Saturday myself. I cleaned it before shooting it but might have had your problem if I hadn't. I wiped out a LOT of grease. Anyway, all I've had a chance to shoot are the cheap "Golden Tiger" 7.62x39 rds. I picked up with the gun but it feeds & shoots great. Like everyone else here said I'm sure cleaning will do the trick---these guns eat anything.. I'm new btw. Hello, 'muzzlebreak' from Maryland here. I've lurked for awhile and ya'll seem friendly and to know your guns so I decided to join. This group has already helped me many a time so hopefully I'll be able to contribute back sometime.Lets keep track of each others ROMAKs 'DEGRAVEWD', see if both these Romanians act right as time passes..<<grin>> ....MB