close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"NEW" Win. Model 1873 for 2013!

Discussion in 'Winchester' started by Para Cassatt, Feb 11, 2013.

1. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Not yet Para. Catalog just lists 357/38 for now. Would love to have one in 44/40 but not reloading I would be forced to remorgage to buy the ammo. 44 mag. would be nice but wonder if it could handle the loads with toggle link. 357 would be OK for deer up close though. Man what a beautiful rifle.

2. Para Cassatt

Para Cassatt G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Since they're bringing back oldies, why not another run of 52s?

3. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Funny you mention that one. When I was just a kid a neighbor took me out to shoot his 22LR. I know it was called Fieldmaster but not sure of the model no. Could have been one of these or maybe a Rem. Big peep sight and put together like a tank. I can only imagine what it would cost to produce now.

4. Para Cassatt

Para Cassatt G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Just got their catalog today and am glad to see they're trying to keep the 325 WSM alive chambered in several rifles. They even have a couple chambered 264 WM which was good to see.

5. Uberti is driving the price on this rifle as they sell their replicas for $1300+-. No way Winchester would sell them cheaper.

6. Deep13

Deep13 G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    Held one the other day at a local gun shop. Retailing about $1200 in .357 mag. and carbine length. It looks very nice, as it was deeply blued and polished. Heavy for its size, of course. The lever was a bit wobbly and there were mill marks on the "ears" of the action. Still imported from Japan, which in my mind makes it a reproduction, not a real Winchester whatever the name on the box. Frankly, I find the Italian-made Ubertis to be more impressive.

mauser9 likes this.
  7. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Thanks for comments Deep. Have my eye on owning one eventually as I love the overall looks of the 73. Yeah the price ain't cheap.

8. Deep13

Deep13 G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    Personally, I'd prefer a '92.

9. Dan22

Dan22 G&G Evangelist

I remember when the Movie "Winchester 73" starring Jimmy Steward was released. Ever since I've lusted after a .22 version and as soon as I win the lottery I'll get one or two in center-fire pistol calibers and a .22 if Winchester gets smart and offers it.

My other favorite Winchester is the model-92. It just looks and feels right.

10. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

I don't see where they are making them. I see the on;y 2 are in rifle calibers, for a whopping $1200.

11. Dan22

Dan22 G&G Evangelist

If I had the money I'd be all over a model-73 with "Winchester" on the barrel. There are reproductions that are priced higher than this one.

Maybe it's just me but I prefer an old lever action rifle any day over a modern assault weapon.

Different strokes!