close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Winchester

Discussion in 'Winchester' started by oldjarhead, Jun 22, 2014.

1. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    I traded for a new Winchester 1886 model in .45/70 caliber...man what a gun! or Maybe I should say "Man, what a brute!"

Holds 6+1 and is quite well balanced but a little on the heavy side compared to my Rossi M92 in .45 Colt.

I tried to post pictures but there doesn't seem to be an easier 'attachment' methos like the old site had. I have no isea how to figure out what the URL is.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    Dan22, jerry, blaster and 1 other person like this.
  2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I use a free hosting site like Tinypic.com. Very user friendly. Then just copy and paste the URL to G&G.

oldjarhead likes this.

3. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Congratulations,
    Welcome to the big boys club. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

4. oldjarhead

MO
    Thanks, Griz.

I've been a member since 1967 when I purchased an 1873 Spingfield Trapdoor carbine...and later I had a Marlin 336 in .45/70 but never shot it...but this Winchester is something else. I also have an H&R Handi-rifle in .45/70; that packs a whollop too.

My all-time favorite was a TC Contender with a 10-inches .45/70 barrel that I fired at a sporting show many years ago...been lookin' for that barrel ever since.

There's just something about a .45/70 that makes my heart rate increase.

5. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

You betcha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

H ad a range buddy once who brought his Winny .45-70 lever rifle to shoot. It was about as beat up looking as he was. He also had the old hand loading rig that used a hammer to work the dies. He load a few rounds, shoot them, then sit down and load some more. Guess he only had a few cases.
    He let me shoot that monster. Once. Once was enough! That curved brass buttplate really let you know you'd touched off a fire-breather! My shoulder was sore the next day. A Mosin Carbine was wimpish compared to that old Winny!

oldjarhead and grizcty like this.
  7. oldjarhead

MO