Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,037 Posts
OK...first off, let's clear up some of the misunderstanding as to what is going on. Firstly, the Supreme Court did NOT agree that the New York laws were ok...what their stance is, that they won't issue an emergency injunction stopping them from being enacted, simply because there are multiple legal challenges already being heard in lower courts. In spite of everyone's wishes to the contrary, the Supreme Court is SUPPOSED to be a "last resort" after all lower courts have issued a decision and you still aren't happy with them. No one has said that they will never ever heard a challenge to these laws, just that the cases have to work their way up the judicial "ladder" as it was intended to be used. Yes, gun control groups are all crowing victory, but that's only because they are clueless as usual, which makes it all the more satisfying when they eventually get slapped in the face.

· Registered
4,094 Posts
OK...first off, let's clear up some of the misunderstanding as to what is going on. Firstly, the Supreme Court did NOT agree that the New York laws were ok...what their stance is, that they won't issue an emergency injunction stopping them from being enacted, simply because there are multiple legal challenges already being heard in lower courts. In spite of everyone's wishes to the contrary, the Supreme Court is SUPPOSED to be a "last resort" after all lower courts have issued a decision and you still aren't happy with them. No one has said that they will never ever heard a challenge to these laws, just that the cases have to work their way up the judicial "ladder" as it was intended to be used. Yes, gun control groups are all crowing victory, but that's only because they are clueless as usual, which makes it all the more satisfying when they eventually get slapped in the face.
writerinmo is today's winner.

· Resident Curmudgeon
36,588 Posts
What I am waiting for is for the Supreme Court to overturn Hochul's law that establishes the Thought Police. Where does she get off passing a law requiring anyone who wants a CCW to submit their social media pseudonyms and passwords to the State, so they can check what you have been writing and commenting on in social media for the past three years? The rationale for this nonsense is that crazies always post about what they want to do, and the ability to check for this will prevent more Columbines. Hochul apparently has never heard of the First, Second, Fourth, and Fifth Amendments to the Constitution connected to freedom of speech, the right to keep and bear arms, the right to privacy, and the right against self-incrimination. I don't know if there is a case directly challenging her law in the pipeline, but as her purpose with her law - which I can't even find the name of online - is to maintain the Peoples Democratic Republic of New York as a "may issue" state even through the Supreme Court has outlawed that, I would not be surprised to learn there is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts